Author Topic: Unified cross-development toolchain for Linux/Windows/MacOSX  (Read 1413 times)

Offline krusty_benediction

• CPC664
  • Liked: 68
Re: Unified cross-development toolchain for Linux/Windows/MacOSX
« Reply #10 on: 19:40, 12 November 17 »
Well, if it works for kungfuguns, I see no reason why it shouldn't work on other projects. Testing is really easy. Go to CPCRetroDev website and you'll have many projects made with CPCtelera. You can test them same way as you did for kungfuguns. If CPCtelera is installed, just get the project and tape in make.

I've tested several of the examples (advanced and simples) provided by cpctelera in /tmp, modifed their configuration to be like that:ifndef CPCT_PATH
CPCT_PATH      := $(THIS_FILE_PATH)../../../../cpctelera/
endif
to be sure I use the right path of cpctelera and it workded
If you think your toolchain is mature enough for general users, there is no problem in adding it to the list of available toolchains on next contest web page. Remember it to me next time if I forget to add it.
Yes I think. Maybe it is better to say it more as adevelopement envrionement pre installed than a toolchain. cpctelera is one of the toolchains, the one I use for my edmos (https://github.com/cpcsdk/cookiecutter-amstrad-crossdev) another one.BTW, I think I'll modify progressively my own toolchain to be mor ebased on cpctelera

Offline roudoudou

• 464 Plus
    • urban exploration
  • Liked: 376
« Reply #11 on: 09:41, 13 November 17 »
I've added  rasm
@roudoudou are you able t ocompile your latest demo with the container ? Do I need to add additional tools ?

There is another version of rasm upcoming, with little modifications
While i had add the exomizer sources to rasm, i did not activate the incexo and lzexo directives (mostly because exomizer is sooooooo slow)
But while releasing our demo, the cheat part was a little to big to fit the remaining free space on the cartridge, so instead of compiling the cheat part standalone, i activated the directives in order to keep label sharing between all the code portions
And as far as i remember, i was working on code/nocode behaviour to use it like maxam in order to define structure
Anyway, when i see the interest for my latest intro sources, i don't know if i will release the code of CRTC³

BUT I plan to release my mini-library:
- many macros for rom connection
- many macros for CRTC transitions (in order to keep 50Hz VBL and 15KHz HBL during the whole demo)
- also future version of rasm will produce assembly code of decrunchers for all supported crunchers

About additionnal tools used, they are not integrated in rasm. All converters or code generators won't be part of Rasm

use RASM, the best assembler ever made :p

repeat
call code
call sleep
call eat
until alive==1

Offline krusty_benediction

• CPC664
  • Liked: 68
« Reply #12 on: 21:25, 10 December 17 »
chipnsfx (http://cngsoft.no-ip.org/chipnsfx.htm) from @cngsoft just added to the toolbox