News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Mastering Z80 Assembler (Youtube Course)

Started by ronaldo, 12:49, 16 February 18

Previous topic - Next topic

ronaldo

Hi all!

I'm starting to publish a course with 50+ vídeos on Z80 assembler programming whose title is "Dominando Ensamblador del Z80" (Mastering Z80 Assembler). The course is in Spanish, and I will be extremely grateful to anyone willing to collaborate on translations. At the momment, you may use youtube features, accepting some creepy transcriptions+translations.

The course has already been given to University of Alicante students (1st and 4th years) with great success. We even had published it on a congress devoted to research in education and it won two mentions to best paper.

I hope you enjoy the course. Right now, I have already published official presentation video:

All the videos will be published over the next few weeks:
For any comments you may use this thread, any of the videos at the youtube channel or twitter.

Enjoy!

adolfo.pa

Great news. Thanks for making this material publicly available :-)

Are there any lecture notes or other written material for those of us without much time to watch all the videos?

ronaldo

At the momment, the course is designed only as video lectures. A book is planned, but it will take plenty of time for it to be ready.

tjohnson

Sounds great, all I need now is a course on Spanish to accompany this :)

HAL6128

Not necessary. Youtube is tanslating
it
(by subtitles) very well (...un tipo de magia) :)
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Hwikaa

@ronaldo , acabo de seguir todos los vídeos disponibles de tu serie "Dominando Ensamblador Z80", and I have to say that your explanations are crystal clear, and your method works like a charm. At last, I understand what exactly does the Z80, how it exchanges data with the RAM, how opcodes are treated, and which specific bytes I need to send to the processor to get corresponding results. Amazing job.

Thank you for that, I look forward to watch the next videos and take the new challenges.   :D

ronaldo

@Hwikaa Sounds really great that you've been able to achieve it thanks to the course. It really encourages me seeing that the course really helps. Thank you for your kind words :)

BTW, I have created a page in the wiki with all the video material from the course classified

Dominando Ensamblador Z80 (DEZ80, Mastering Z80 Assembler)

Hope you all enjoy it :)

Hwikaa

Yeah, I had a great time. And this is what I eventually came up with (not quite original, I know... ^^):

ronaldo

Level 2 now available!

I have updated main post in this thread with all the links to the videos:

Enjoy!

BTW, Nicely done, @Hwikaa ! :D

nico24

Can't believe how great these lectures are. Really appreciate that you've done this!!! 2018 is a GOOOD year.