News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Minecraft port

Started by lachlank, 21:56, 25 June 15

Previous topic - Next topic

litwr

I use Crafting - Minetest Wiki
It has wiki, multiplayer servers, Lua-scripting, a lot of mods, fine graphics and it is free.  ;D
It has also C-sources...

seanb

Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

ervin

This is looking great!
Keep it up!

Zoe Robinson

This is looking surprisingly good! I'm really impressed.

I do have one question though: why go for isometric 3D in place of first person? I'm probably missing the obvious point that it's a lot less processor-intensive or something, but I'm still curious.

||C|-|E||

It really looks very nice!!  :D

About the isometric 3D instead of first person, well, the author is the one that should answer this but, if this game works as the rest of isometric titles in the CPC, the reason is that the isometric view is actually not real 3D, but a collection of tiles in different heights. This is much more simple to calculate than a real 3D world and, besides, you do not have camera movements, etc.

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Gryzor

This looks damn impressive. I would suggest adding a couple of frames to the brick generation as to smooth its appearance a bit, but maybe that's just me.

TFM

Nah! Why waste time an memory? The result counts (= new brick visible).  :-*
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus