News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Programmer wanted

Started by zhulien, 08:51, 05 October 18

Previous topic - Next topic

zhulien

Hi all

We are looking for someone to fulfill a software developer role working closely with myself and other developers for Mitsukibo Pty Ltd.

The project is 8bit z80 related and requires the follow skills:

- must have solid z80 assembler development experience having worked on a project commercially in the past or a commercial sized project for which you can prove you created or helped create. This doesn't have to be Amstrad CPC related but that would be an advantage.
- must have solid javascript or c with objects (objective c or c++) experience or java. We really want JS experience woth JQuery but will consider the others as JS can be easy to pickup.
- experience in compiler writing specifically code generation would be an advantage.
- having your own Windows PC is a must (we could allow you to use a Mac). Having a real CPC is also a must.
- prefer to have PHP experience.
- prefer to have SQL experience in a WAMP environment.

This will be a contract based role for a timeframe and rate negotiated. I can say some parts of the project will be made public domain or open source and some will not be. For the closed parts strick confidentis required.

Development will be something unique in this day and age. It will involve creating web applications using our AWAF platform (which we like more than Angular) but with close ties to the Amstrad CPC platform.

If you missed the 80s boat in working on a commercial z80 project perhaps now is your chance. Flexible hours too as you will be likely working remotely.

This is a legitimate ad but our local job ad platforms seem to have a lack of z80 skilled developers.

Please contact me at either julian@mitsukibo.com with an attached CV, desired rates and availability.  Or in WhatsApp +62404404565

Thanks.  Julian

GUNHED

Maybe it would help to ask for a Z80 coder and as second person a PC coder. To be both is IMHO hard to find. In every case: GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CPC RELATED PROJECT!!!  :) :) :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

roudoudou

Quote from: zhulien on 08:51, 05 October 18
The project is 8bit z80 related and requires the follow skills:
What is the area of expertise? Logistic, medical, game, ...?
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

zhulien

Believe it or not, I have tried to find straight z80 developers via our local job boards without any luck.  Seems they are non-existent. 

It is preferred someone has the ability to code in Z80 and JS (or C with objects)/ Java because... the first part of the project is to complete the code generation of the JS (subset) to Z80 cross compiler.

It is a redevelopment of the VB6 cross compiler we started a decade ago.  I think JS will be more fun these days to program in.  It creates code in realtime on the right side as you type on the left.  We can likely send directly to CPC memory via the M4 card too.

SRS

zhulien

Thanks. But this is only a portion of our product roadmap.

Gryzor

Sounds very interesting, I wonder what this leads to...

GUNHED

Quote from: zhulien on 14:32, 05 October 18
Believe it or not, I have tried to find straight z80 developers via our local job boards without any luck.  Seems they are non-existent. 

Well, I can help you with the Z80 part. If you still need a coder let me know. However I can't help with PC stuff, but it should be easy to find somebody for the PC side. As long as the interface is clearly defined it shouldn't be a problem at all.  :)
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)