News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPM Game KLAX - Re-write the original disk???

Started by Vyper68, 13:02, 08 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyper68

Hi,
I bought a Disk copy of Klax off eBay and it was listed as tested. In any event it turned out not to be. I was given a refund and told to keep the disk. I wasn't able to format it at first but using the magnet trick listed on the site i was able to remove the corrupted data and have been able to format both sides of the disk ok.

What i would like to do is re-write the the disk back to it's original state. It was a CPM disk and i'm not sure how to do this. I did have the DSK image on my M4 and i thought i would be able to copy the files to the A: drive but the M4 goes bizzwhack when i enter the DSK image ( probably because it's CPM ) i could copy the cracked version to the disk but i wanted the original.

Anyone got any ideas how to do this? - I don't know enough about CPC's at this point.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

Kris

If there is a protection, to re-write the original disk won't be possible with a CPC; you will have to use a kryoflux or a superCard pro.

tjohnson

Quote from: Vyper68 on 13:02, 08 March 18
Hi,
I bought a Disk copy of Klax off eBay and it was listed as tested. In any event it turned out not to be. I was given a refund and told to keep the disk. I wasn't able to format it at first but using the magnet trick listed on the site i was able to remove the corrupted data and have been able to format both sides of the disk ok.

What i would like to do is re-write the the disk back to it's original state. It was a CPM disk and i'm not sure how to do this. I did have the DSK image on my M4 and i thought i would be able to copy the files to the A: drive but the M4 goes bizzwhack when i enter the DSK image ( probably because it's CPM ) i could copy the cracked version to the disk but i wanted the original.

Anyone got any ideas how to do this? - I don't know enough about CPC's at this point.

I had a little play and didn't get much luck copying the disk, the best I could come up with was to transfer CDT tape file to disk then copy those over, it would mean you wouldn't use CPM to run it but use run"klax

Vyper68

Quote from: tjohnson on 00:57, 09 March 18

I had a little play and didn't get much luck copying the disk, the best I could come up with was to transfer CDT tape file to disk then copy those over, it would mean you wouldn't use CPM to run it but use run"klax

I never thought about copying the original tape image to the disk instead. It's frustrating as the CPM .DSK image runs OK but i don't have a FD1 to write it to a 3" disk just a Gotek.

tjohnson

I tried copying the disk from my hxc to the a drive without success.  So tried the cdt method, worked with nirvana option 9.  I can upload the files to save you hassle if you like.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

CraigsBar

Quote from: Vyper68 on 13:39, 09 March 18
I never thought about copying the original tape image to the disk instead. It's frustrating as the CPM .DSK image runs OK but i don't have a FD1 to write it to a 3" disk just a Gotek.
Why not try copying it to the disc from the gotek with xexor?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

tjohnson

Quote from: CraigsBar on 01:40, 10 March 18
Why not try copying it to the disc from the gotek with xexor?

I did actually try that using the unprotected copy of Xexor and it didn't work, got read errors, might have another go.

CraigsBar

Quote from: tjohnson on 12:36, 10 March 18

I did actually try that using the unprotected copy of Xexor and it didn't work, got read errors, might have another go.
I've got a 3inch drive in a pc if you want to send me the blank/original disc I can try and write it with cpcdiskxp for ya directly onto it.

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Vyper68

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:49, 10 March 18
I've got a 3inch drive in a pc if you want to send me the blank/original disc I can try and write it with cpcdiskxp for ya directly onto it.

Thank you another member has offered to do this as well. Problem i have at the moment is i am currently housebound and getting stuff posted is a bit of a challenge right now. So it's gone on the back burner right now.