Is it possible to extract from DSK and save to Wav ?

Started by daznic, 14:40, 10 September 15

Previous topic - Next topic

daznic

Hi all,

I am running a CPC464 with the PCB audio in mod which works great, but only with unprotected/cracked games.
I have a fair size collection of these that all load with the "CNG Soft" Logo before the game runs - these all seem to work.
But there are some missing that I'd like to add to the collection - I've not been able to find a tape image of Bounty Bob strikes back that works !
So, I heard somewhere that many DSK images contain cracked Tape games - is this true ?
I can extract the DSK images to separate files no problem, but how do I use these files to build a CDT image or create a wav file ?

Thanks !

AMSDOS

It's possible to use CPCE, save CSW file like it was a tape file. Tape2WAV (direct download), can transform that CSW file to WAV that can be read in other emulators. I'm not familiar with Bouncy Bob as such, though obviously to get it from DSK into a tape format, files need to be loaded in order from tape, a CSW file can hold a number of files just as an original tape would, though one has to be careful not to overwrite code by not ejecting that CSW file.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3