News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

WinApe

Started by sigh, 19:12, 27 January 15

Previous topic - Next topic

sigh

Hello.

Does anyone know how to get back to the basic amstrad screen on winape? My screen is stuck on this:

Gryzor

A screenshot for a black screen? :D

Probably something with your ROMs. Try choosing one of the setups in the menu...

sigh

Hmmm..weird.

It's been like this for a few days, but somehow has now reset itself to the basic screen after I tried loading a game. I did try this before and it didn't work.

All fixed for now.

Gryzor

Has happened to me, just removing the ini file seemed to fix it...

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:24, 27 January 15
Probably something with your ROMs. Try choosing one of the setups in the menu...

Yes, or the Cartridge. Click at Cartridge Symbol, then select the Plus one, not a game.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

sigh

Quote from: TFM on 20:55, 27 January 15

Yes, or the Cartridge. Click at Cartridge Symbol, then select the Plus one, not a game.

Okay, I'll remember that next time. Thanks.

Executioner

You should be able to simply select one of the default profiles (at the top of the settings tab), then you may need to disable or remove certain ROMs.

Subaru

In my .ini it's like that.

[ROMS]
Cartridge=CPC_PLUS.CPR
Lower=
Upper(0)=
Upper(1)=
Upper(2)=
Upper(3)=
Upper(4)=
Upper(5)=
Upper(6)=
Upper(7)=
Upper(=
Upper(9)=
Upper(10)=
Upper(11)=
Upper(12)=
Upper(13)=
Upper(14)=
Upper(15)=
Multiface=
Cartridge Enabled=true
Multiface Enabled=true
Disable All=false
Enable L07=false

And it's works perfectly.
"A L'HEURE OU BLANCHIT LA CAMPAGNE... (COURAGE, FUYONS !!!)"

Sorry, for my bad english. -> googletrad

TFM

Hi! Got (maybe) a WinApe problem here, don't want to start a new thread though...

If I read port &FD0F of the SF2 then its value contains the IDE status.
If I read it with WinApe it always tells me 255, so it doesn't actually tell the IDE status.

Do I do something wrong, or does WinApe not support that feature?

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Prodatron

#FD0F is the IDE status (IN)/command(OUT) register: Without it nothing would be possible regarding IDE. So of course WinApe (at least the current Alpha 18) supports it.
Did you deactivate IDE support in WinApe?

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

TFM

No, but ... crazy thing! Suddenly it works. I don't know what was the problem before.
Thank's for your help!  :)

EDIT: Ah, I'm getting there. Of port &FD0F (status when read) the bit 7 is BUSY: Hard-disc is free when the bit is cleared.
But there is bit 6 too, its READY, it must be SET to indicate the hard-disc working. That's somehow missing I guess.

EDIT2: Checked the X-MASS yesterday, the port &FD0F reports &50 while Winape reports &00. So yes, bit 6 (the 7th bit) need to be set (means drive is READY).

I forgot the meaning of bit 4 though, which is set too.

Maybe this can be taken into the next WinApe release @Executioner ? Would be great!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Executioner

Quote from: TFM on 21:39, 04 March 15
EDIT2: Checked the X-MASS yesterday, the port &FD0F reports &50 while Winape reports &00. So yes, bit 6 (the 7th bit) need to be set (means drive is READY).

It's never supposed to read as #00, that's a bug in the initialisation code (first read is #50, then #00 after).

QuoteMaybe this can be taken into the next WinApe release @Executioner ? Would be great!  :)

It will be.

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft