News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Sugarbox emulator and blank tapes

Started by 6079_Smith_W, 10:00, 21 November 18

Previous topic - Next topic

6079_Smith_W

Hello
Bought my Amstrad 6128 way back in 1985 and loved it dearly. Recently I decided to have a crack at Tir Na Nog, since I've wanted to play it since 1985, and had played Dun Darach and Marsport. So I found Sugarbox and a CDT of Tir Na Nog, both of which work really well, but I cannot figure out how to save the game to a blank tape. I know the commands, but I cannot find a blank tape CDT, or figure out how to make one. Can anyone advise, please? I feel it must be something blindingly obvious, but it eludes me.

Carnivius

If you mean save your progress to play again later then you don't need to use a game's specific function for it as emulators let you save anywhere in any game.  In Sugarbox it's the Save Snapshot function in the file menu. 

Also you can use DSK files instead of CDT if you prefer as DSK is the disk version and tends to load faster or have more content in some cases and CDT is the cassette version.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

6079_Smith_W

Thank you so much. I had no idea of the snapshot facility.