News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

AZERTY CPC 464

Started by chinnyhill10, 23:39, 11 March 18

Previous topic - Next topic

chinnyhill10

Just won a AZERTY 464 for £6.50 on Ebay. Not that I need a 3rd 464 but as nobody was bidding I thought I'd have a stab. Can never have too many spares!

Anyway, what do I need to know about these keyboards? IIRC the keyboard layout is stored in the ROM so its not worthwhile changing the ROM to QWERTY. But how do games keys map?

If you can't redefine keys in games do some games become impossible to play due to the layout being odd? What are the practical implications for UK software when running on an AZERTY CPC?

As I say it won't be my main machine and will be just a spare but would be interesting to find out what the limitations will be.

Thanks.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Vyper68

[ot]Did you go for the AZERTY CPC6128 as well just out of interest?

No idea on the implications for using a French CPC in the UK so will be interesting to see how people respond.[/ot]
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Vyper68 on 13:43, 12 March 18
[ot]Did you go for the AZERTY CPC6128 as well just out of interest?

[/ot]

Nearly did but it was a bit yellow and they made no claims that it actually worked. They said 'keyboard works' with the 464 which makes me think they may have also had a monitor but just scrapped it.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Vyper68

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 19:41, 12 March 18

Nearly did but it was a bit yellow and they made no claims that it actually worked. They said 'keyboard works' with the 464 which makes me think they may have also had a monitor but just scrapped it.

[ot]They have been selling a lot of old 8-Bits in varying degrees of distress the last few weeks and they seem to come in blocks - there were Oric's then MSX's and now Amstrad CPC's - just wonder where they are all coming from.[/ot]
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul