News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

BBC v CPC

Started by ComSoft6128, 14:03, 14 January 18

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

Is this possible on a CPC or is available already?

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/web-user/20180110/284932430505198

Cheers,

Peter

robcfg

I use "Speccy Tape" on my iPhone from time to time to load cdt files into my CPC or ZX-Uno with CPC core.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Certainly IIRC SymbOS can download software from the web, if you have a suitable web connection for the CPC (a M4 ESP8266 WiFi board I guess).

ComSoft6128

Thanks for the reply Sykobee.

I was thinking more of using a cable from the headphone socket of the PC to the CPC as outlined in the article. But as Bryce has pointed out to me it looks like all they have done is put a media(?) player on the site and download from that.

Cheers,

Peter

chinnyhill10

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 14:03, 14 January 18
Is this possible on a CPC or is available already?

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/web-user/20180110/284932430505198

Cheers,

Peter

Yes. Very easy using CDT files. 664 and 6128 you just need a cassette lead.

For a 464 you can modify a car cassette adaptor, thread the cable out through the expansion port and it works fine. You need to modify it so the cable comes out of the adaptor at a point that doesn't foul the mechanism. I also remove the workings to stop a strain on the motor (and stop the noise as well).

Not sure if there is an easy route for the cable on a 464 Plus.

That said there are FAR better ways to load games into a CPC. An M4 card or an HxC.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Bryce

The mechanisms on those adapters doesn't put any strain on the motor. It's not worth the bother removing them. To accomodate the cable you can install the tape "under" the tapedeck lid and level the tapedeck door open.

Bryce.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Bryce on 08:32, 17 January 18
The mechanisms on those adapters doesn't put any strain on the motor. It's not worth the bother removing them. To accomodate the cable you can install the tape "under" the tapedeck lid and level the tapedeck door open.

Bryce.

But the ones I have make horrible noises and it's hardly 'bother'. Didn't sound or act in a way I was happy with.

As for forcing under the tape deck door, with mine that didn't let the door shut cleanly. I don't like forcing 30 year old plastics.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Bryce

Yes, they do tend to sqeak sometimes.

I think you mis-understood the bit about the door. You insert the entire tape under the tray that it's meant to slid into. The door definitely can't close when you do this.

Bryce.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Bryce on 09:32, 17 January 18
Yes, they do tend to sqeak sometimes.

I think you mis-understood the bit about the door. You insert the entire tape under the tray that it's meant to slid into. The door definitely can't close when you do this.

Bryce.

Oh yes, if you just want it for one occasion. When I did it I needed it installed for 6 months so wanted the door shut.
--
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Bryce

Ok. Leaving the tapedeck door open that long wouldn't be good. It would fill with dust.

Bryce.