News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Can I power my GX4000 with my 464CPC Plus monitor?

Started by C64MidRezzie, 12:14, 05 November 18

Previous topic - Next topic

C64MidRezzie

I am new to Amstrad computers - I recently bought both a 464Plus with CM14 colour monitor and a GX4000.  I haven't used the GX4000 as it didn't come with a power supply and I haven't ordered a power supply for it yet.  I was watching a youtube video this morning about Amstrad computers and I'm sure the guy said you could power a GX4000 with an Amstrad Plus Monitor - is this correct or could it cause problems?  My GX4000 has never been used so I don't want to mess it up - any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

gerald

Quote from: C64MidRezzie on 12:14, 05 November 18
I am new to Amstrad computers - I recently bought both a 464Plus with CM14 colour monitor and a GX4000.  I haven't used the GX4000 as it didn't come with a power supply and I haven't ordered a power supply for it yet.  I was watching a youtube video this morning about Amstrad computers and I'm sure the guy said you could power a GX4000 with an Amstrad Plus Monitor - is this correct or could it cause problems?  My GX4000 has never been used so I don't want to mess it up - any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The GX4000 can be powered by the Plus monitor, no problem !You just use the DIN instead of the SCART and the 5V power input instead of the 11V. The 5V is the one on the outer side of the GX4000.

C64MidRezzie