News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Casduino on a 464

Started by Wildkin, 03:33, 16 September 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildkin

Hi there, first time poster here.
Firstly sorry in advance if I've put this in the wrong forum I was unsure where this was best posted.

Secondly I'm just in the process of getting hold of a Casduino for use with one of my CPC464 machines and I'm aware that some modification to the actual 464 will be needed in order for this device to work but I am unsure exactly what will need to be done in order for the device to function, so I was wanting to ask if there are any detailed guides avalible on what needs to be done and how to do it as I did try to do a search on the forum here and only got one result that was just a mention of the device in passing.
Thanks in advance
~Wildkin

pelrun

You want to tap into the audio in/out and remote signals that go to the internal tape drive.
There's a description here that's directly related to the casduino, although the soldering job in the photos is *shocking*  :picard2:  http://arduitape.blogspot.com/2017/06/adding-5-pin-din-to-amstrad-cpc-464.html

There's also a page on the wiki that shows the pinout of the CD001 connector. Ignore where it says to tap audio in from, use the data in/data out pins on the connector directly (since you're driving it from a microcontroller and not audio hardware.) http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/DIY_464_External_Audio_Socket

Wildkin

Awesome thank you very much I shall keep hold of those links for when it arrives :D

Vyper68

I got my TZXDuino from Duncan a couple of weeks ago and it works great with the Mod on our Wiki....
Jut one question have you bought a CasDuino or TZXDuino???
CasDuino works with Dragon and MSX .cas files
TZXDuino works with Spectrum and Amstrad .tzx,.tap and .cdt files
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul