News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC 6128 PLUS MEMBRANE

Started by Hellraiser, 13:01, 18 March 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellraiser

Hi guys

Got this 6128 plus AZERTY and some of the keys dont work...needs a membrane replacement i guess?

Do you know where can i buy one?

Maniac

Quote from: Hellraiser on 13:01, 18 March 17
Hi guys

Got this 6128 plus AZERTY and some of the keys dont work...needs a membrane replacement i guess?

Do you know where can i buy one?
Trade In Post are a good starting point as they had stock a couple of months ago. You will need to ring them though as their website isn't up to date with stock or pricing!

||C|-|E||

You can always try to fix it. In some cases (many cases) removing and refitting it solves the problem, particularly if you use the computer in a regular way. In the worst case you can always try to repair it with conductive silver paint. It usually works very well. That said, maybe is a good idea to order a new one too, just in case  :) . If you search in the forum, I fixed a membrane not so long ago. There was nothing very wrong with it, but a bit of silver was needed.

Phantomz

Quote from: Hellraiser on 13:01, 18 March 17
Hi guys

Hellraiser, I'd try what ||C|-|E|| suggested.

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 16:22, 18 March 17
You can always try to fix it. In some cases (many cases) removing and refitting it solves the problem.

I had this happen to my 6128 plus, all I did was remove the membrane carefully and put it back together, I believe it happens because the two parts of the membrane got stuck together.

It's easy enough to do as the keyboard is only clipped together so you haven't got loads of small screws to unscrew like on some keyboards.

I'd give it a go if I was you.  ;)

Maniac

Quote from: Phantomz on 16:36, 18 March 17
Hellraiser, I'd try what ||C|-|E|| suggested.

I had this happen to my 6128 plus, all I did was remove the membrane carefully and put it back together, I believe it happens because the two parts of the membrane got stuck together.

It's easy enough to do as the keyboard is only clipped together so you haven't got loads of small screws to unscrew like on some keyboards.

I'd give it a go if I was you.  ;)
I had this happen to my 6128 plus too. Taking it apart and cleaning certainly improved things but keys not working reoccurred after a short while. However I didn't separate the layers of the membrane as @Phantomz suggests so maybe give that a go first as he suggests.

Hellraiser

Thanks guys for the tips!!!I will try your suggestions and get back to you! ;D

Hellraiser

Ok now i got another problem....the cpc doesnt power up when i connect it to CTM644 or a external 5v psu!It did power on both occasions a couple months ago! :picard2:

So i opened it up and saw this...[attach=2]

One of the yellow cables seems to need soldering or am i mistaken?

Bryce

Those wires and solder joints look a little aged, but fine. When you say it doesn't power up... What does it do?

Bryce.

Hellraiser

Ηι Bryce...i mean it doesnt seem to get any current!!!The power led stays off and i dont get any signal!

Kyriakos

Duke

You probably need to open the powerswitch and clean the contacts, atleast it's a common problem on the regular CPC's.

Hellraiser

Any guide on how to do that?Dont want to break anything... :(

Hellraiser

Ok so i gave the switch another try and using a screwdriver between the 2 contacts and bending a little bit the cables it started working once more! :D