News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

CPC 6128 PLUS NO BOOTING

Started by dimdim80, 21:42, 10 November 16

Previous topic - Next topic

dimdim80

Sorry for the late response,i attach the pictures of the chip i have replaced.(Anterior and posterior sides).
I have replaced only this chip with the one i posted in my previous post.

Bryce

That's a 41464 = 4x 64Kbits ie: it holds half of every byte of the lower or upper 64K of RAM.

Bryce.

dimdim80

So it is the same with the one i bought?any idea what to do next?

Bryce

As I said back on page 1, the screenshot you posted really does look like the ASIC is gone. Unless you can replace this, I doubt it will ever work again.

Bryce.

dimdim80

i had hoped you would not have sad that again :) ..never mind at least i tried.I will have it just for spare parts for my second cpc 6128 plus.
One last question..i have seen some upgrade kits for cpc 6128 plus,but i havent been able to fine a place to buy them.Do you have any suggestions where to look for?
Thanks Bruce and all the other members of this forum for their answers and help.

Bryce

You mean to convert a 464+ into a 6128+ ? The required parts are all easy to find sources for, but I probably have all the parts here if you need.

Bryce.

dimdim80

No i mean t convert it to 4mb ram and install all thee cards that we can see on wikipedia(wifi,card for ram expansion to run future os etc)