News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

GX4000 Power Supply in US

Started by Retrografx16, 16:04, 25 February 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Retrografx16

I have a GX4000 that I am using in the States. I am using the original power supply, with a step up/down converter. it runs fine though the image comes in grey.

I just ordered the Multicart for this system and I need to track down a power supply to power it up with the new cart!.

Is there anyone in the US that is using an alternative power supply, one that will function correctly with the multicart, perhaps one that won't need to use the power/voltage converter? or does the system need to run on the standard UK 230V? or will the US 120V work?

Gerald let me know that I will need (9V 750mA/1A with a 5.5mm/2.1mm connector, positive on centre) to power it up. I searched online and found a few overseas sellers, though they don't ship to the US.

Skunkfish

Can't vouch for the quality from this supplier as I don't know them, but I believe something like this is what you need:

http://www.gravitech.us/waadposu9v60.html
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

1024MAK

Any good quality regulated mains adapter that outputs 9V DC at 1A or greater (with the correct polarity on the output connector) will be suitable.

Buy a quality PSU from a well known branded supplier or store. Don't go for the cheap rubbish (like available from eBay and similar sites), as these often don't meet the required safety standards (risk of electrocution from the mains supply) and may not supply the required voltage at the stated rated current.

Mark
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Retrografx16

Thanks all, your help is appreciated!

To get a normal color Image I was thinking of getting this little PAL-NTSC converter; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008U23FMU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does anyone think this might hit the sweet spot?