News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Me and my Schneider CPC 464 again.

Started by twox, 16:17, 12 January 19

Previous topic - Next topic

LambdaMikel

Quote from: twox on 18:30, 27 March 19
I also couldn't believe that. But the facts are that the package was repacked in Germany and had a plastic bag applied.
The dirt mark is 99% from stomping on it, and when i unpacked it it was literally bent 180 degress over the crack. I genuinely cant think of any accident that could cause this - some idiot needed to break it in half, insert it bent, then additionally stomp on it.. id split his head in two with an axe if id met him.
I dont intend to commit insurance fraud, i dont intend to give anyone a business of 350Euro just for the sake of it. My family heirloom was destroyed, my words and feels are genuine, and i dont deserve to be accused of any of this. I have no reason whatsoever to destroy it myself, neither had the postman or the person who received it for me (and that i am sure of), and neither did Bryce, i think he'd  cringe even thinking about damaging it in any way possible. I also dont want to just buy a new CPC with the money, when i still have an option to fix my one. That why i am on lookout for new boards. If an original comes up for cheaper, i'd buy that. But i am aware that finding one wont be easy, thats why i am trying to secure myself funds for an new replacement. And the only person i can think of who could get me one was Piotr.. so theres that. If you have other suggestions you are welcome

I should not have said this... apologies for this, but the case is so weird that it made me a bit suspicious I must say.

I can sell you a new 464 board if you like. PM me.

LambdaMikel

Fessor

Quote from: Bryce on 15:02, 27 March 19
I can't even find one in German!

Bryce.
On the German Webpage its here: https://www.dhl.de/de/privatkunden/hilfe-kundenservice/sendungsverfolgung/probleme-loesungen.html#

And googling around with google translate it seems to be here for dhl poland https://www.dhlparcel.pl/pl/dla-ciebie/obsluga/kontakt/reklamacje.html

Bryce

Twox, can you send me all the photos to my e-mail address (I'll send you the address via PM). I'll go to the post office tomorrow and open a claim.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Two things I must add to this thread:

-wow
-please watch your language.

Thank you.

twox

I now have no doubt that the damage was done deliberately. The board was broken in half and half of it rotated 180 degrees over the crack - this would be impossible if just damaged by accident. Then it was injected, bent 180deg, back into the destroyed box. I know it is hard to believe, but all i state are just facts. I have photos of how it looked (i will send them along bank details). This makes the case a criminal offence.

tjohnson

Quote from: twox on 20:34, 28 March 19
I now have no doubt that the damage was done deliberately. The board was broken in half and half of it rotated 180 degrees over the crack - this would be impossible if just damaged by accident. Then it was injected, bent 180deg, back into the destroyed box. I know it is hard to believe, but all i state are just facts. I have photos of how it looked (i will send them along bank details). This makes the case a criminal offence.

Shame the picture is not visible anymore, probably not worth even thinking about criminal offence type stuff just get the claim done and keep and eye out for a replacement, buying a whole machine and swapping the board if you are hung up on the case.  Things get broken in the post although not that often, maybe it got run over, maybe it got jammed in a machine who knows you will probably never find out and not worth getting yourself worked up too much about, it's only an object and its happened.

twox

When it arrived it was packed in such a way, that post workers COULDN'T not notice that it was completely destroyed. Even if it was an accident, which is HIGHLY unlikely, they still forwarded me a completely destroyed package.

twox

Well, as my board is good for nothing, i think its a good time to learn unsoldering chips. This time, without cutting pins.