News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Redrawing a track with a silver pen

Started by remax, 14:17, 04 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

remax

Not CPC related, but i have an old Ti 85 with a column of key which doesn't work.

Looking at the board, i saw that a part of a track "disappeared" and have to be redrawn.

I bought a conductive silver pen (i'am totally unable to solder anything let alone something precise), please someone can confirm what i need to do.

* I have to scratch the surface to remove the isolator
* i have to draw a thin line in the hole crated with the pen
* Let dry, protect with adhesive

Am I right ?

(photos possible if needed).
Brain Radioactivity

||C|-|E||

I used silver to fix the membrane of my Plus not so long ago:

Keyboard problem in my Plus.

If you have a board, I would expose the track a little bit, clean the area, use mask tape and apply the silver on top. In my case I used a very liquid varnish that lets a thick silver layer once it dries. It worked very well.

remax

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 14:38, 04 May 16
I used silver to fix the membrane of my Plus not so long ago:

Keyboard problem in my Plus.

If you have a board, I would expose the track a little bit, clean the area, use mask tape and apply the silver on top. In my case I used a very liquid varnish that lets a thick silver layer once it dries. It worked very well.

By mask tape, you mean to put a bit of tape to avoid "writing" to far away from the track right?

Cause i'm also thinking, once the silver will have dryied, to put a bit of tape on top to protect it.
Brain Radioactivity

||C|-|E||

Yup, the mask tape is to make it nicer and avoid the silver going everywhere, possibly touching other tracks :). In my case it was necessary because the varnish is very very liquid  :)