News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Symbos 3.0 beta, network and playcity

Started by ronaldo, 00:24, 17 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

ronaldo

@Prodatron, did you and @Octoate finally release any driver for Symbos 3.0 networking using the ESP8266? I've got Symbos installed on my CPC464 with X-MASS, X-MEM, Minibooster and Gotek and was wanting to test it :).

Another thing... I'm experiencing some troubles with Playcity on Symbos 2.1. When I boot Symbos from rom (|sym) with Playcity connected, it either does not read from X-MASS or goes crazy drawing with bizarre colours and something that looks like a warning message but results impossible to read. Could it be due to Symbos 2.1. not supporting Playcity and having troubles with it?

My hardware configuration is a CPC464 + MX4 board with this layout: (0) X-MEM, (1) X-MASS, (2) PlayCity, (3) DDI-1 Clone connected to a Gotek. I have Parados 1.1. and 1.2. installed and ACMEDOS.

FloppySoftware

floppysoftware.es < NEW URL!!!
cpm-connections.blogspot.com.es

ronaldo

Yes, @FloppySoftware, it seems to be exactly the same problem I'm experiencing. By looking at @Prodatron and @TotO's posts, I think that Symbos 2.1. routines need to be patched or substituted to properly detect IDE when Playcity (or any other device altering bus signals) is present.

Am I right, @Prodatron? How should I proceed to get SymbOS 3.0 beta working from ROM with Playcity? May I also make it use ESP8266 from MiniBooster?

HAL6128

Hi ronaldo,

did you try the beta of SymbOS 3.x? Start from the disc? The ROMs (v2.1) of SymbOS don't work with the X-Mass.

HAL6128.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

ronaldo

Hi @HAL 6128,

I haven't tried Symbos 3.0 beta yet. I'm using Symbos 2.1 started from ROM and X-MASS works flawlessly, provided that PlayCity is not connected to the bus :).

Anyway, I want to try Symbos 3.0 and do things with it. However, I want to know if they finally developed something around ESP8266 or not: I'm interested in network connections :). However, I think there are really promising hardware projects around this :)

dirtybb

Quote from: ronaldo on 20:35, 17 May 16
Hi @HAL 6128,

I haven't tried Symbos 3.0 beta yet. I'm using Symbos 2.1 started from ROM and X-MASS works flawlessly, provided that PlayCity is not connected to the bus :) .

I have Symbos running with Both XMASS and ACMEDOS too, but i had to :
1 - Format XMASS with ACMEDOS
2 - Disable ACMEDOS
3 - Launch SYMBOS via ùsymb (roms were previously installed on XMEM)
4 - Install symbos on XMASS
5 - re enable ACMEDOS

Without doing this, i wasn't able to install Symbos on the XMASS, for drive conflict purpose.
Can't remember exactly but my Gotek and XMASS were in conflict.
Under Symbos, i was not able to launch or copy anything from Gotek with ACMEDOS rom enabled.

HAL6128

Quote from: ronaldo on 20:35, 17 May 16
   Anyway, I want to try Symbos 3.0 and do things with it. However, I want to know if they finally developed something around ESP8266 or not: I'm interested in network connections :). However, I think there are really promising hardware projects around this :)
...only that what @Prodatron mentioned in the forum (SymbOS 3.0 beta network edition released with new applications .... )
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX