News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Tapdancer app loading problem

Started by C64MidRezzie, 15:13, 04 November 18

Previous topic - Next topic

C64MidRezzie

I am using the tapdancer app and it successfully loads games the whole way through - for example all blocks found and loading pictures appear when they should etc...  However, the game never appears when tapdancer is finished loading.  I have adjusted the volume on my phone and found the sweet spot as most volumes crash at block 1 etc...  Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

VincentGR

Assuming you are talking about the Amstrad CPC, which model though.
Put your phone at flight mode and try again please.

C64MidRezzie

Hi - thanks for your reply - its an Amstrad 464 plus - I have it in flight mode all the time but it still doesn't show the game at the end of loading all the way through.

VincentGR

Are you using a cassette adapter?

C64MidRezzie

Yes - I'm using a cassette adapter - I know it works because I have used it successfully on my C64 using tapdancer.

VincentGR

Try this wav with bsplayer or your default player.

C64MidRezzie

Hi - thanks for that - I'll try it this evening and let you know if it works.

C64MidRezzie

Hi - that  file worked - it loaded via my Mac using iTunes - where did you get the wav file?  Are they available online - I'm new to Amstrad and could only locate cdt files - thanks

VincentGR

I made it with CDT2WAV, you should check it with your phone though.

C64MidRezzie

Okay - I'll give it a try with my phone tomorrow - thanks.

C64MidRezzie

Hi - I tried it with my phone - I installed VLC player on my i-phone and it played your file perfectly.  I still couldn't load other games on my phone.  I bought a different  cassette to CD adapter and it all works fine now - however I have to leave my 464 plus cassette door open in order for it to work. 

I have successfully recorded some games to tape but the fact it doesn't have a tape counter means I can't put loads of files on a 90 minute tape.  I tried copying to old c64 cassettes I had lying around but I had no success - the tape is probably too old - anyone know why it won't to record to old store bought computer tapes?  The tapes work perfectly in my C64 - does anyone have a solution?  Such a shame there is no tape counter on the 464 plus.

VincentGR

No tape counter really sucks.
Glad you made it with VLC though.
Tapdancer is a unique app and I use it from time to time on my android phone, never had an i so I don't really know.
Sometimes works but not all the time, the main issue I have with this is that it converts the images to wavs and fills my phone's memory.
I have better results making my own mp3s.

Tapes you can buy new, you can find new old stock or even really new as they are still produced.

C64MidRezzie

Thanks - any idea where I can buy new 15 or 30 minute tapes?

Thanks

VincentGR

Dunno a specific store but there are plenty on ebay.

pelrun

I've never had much luck with Tapdancer, and I'm no fan of skuomorphic UI. Looks cool, works poorly.

Anyway, because of that earlier this year I added basic TZX/CDT support to PlayUEF, which is a Beeb tape player webapp. I really should have mentioned it at the time, but I got distracted?

You can run it locally, but it also works from my github instance: https://pelrun.github.io/PlayUEF/PlayUEF.html

It'll work from your phone! It won't leave WAV's on your storage! It has a standard playback bar (seek to time positions!)

I have the main CDT blocks handled, but not *everything*, so let me know what images it chokes on and I'll have a look.

I actually wanted to have it automatically download CDTs from cpcwiki, but security settings stopped me. Poop.

VincentGR

You should start a new topic and we will start testing/reporting  ;D