News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Trailblazer Hack Disk

Started by mjhardisty, 21:34, 26 March 15

Previous topic - Next topic

mjhardisty

I wonder in WinApe can anyone help me get the POKES working for Trailblazer here:

http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=2280

Or the actual Hacked version here:

http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&onglet=dumps&num=2281

I can't work out how to activate the POKE 800, 201 in Winape, and I can't get the second disk image to work - when I run the CAT command the colours are unreadable and I don't know which file to RUN"

Can anyone help please?

VincentGR

Just type |cpm to run the game, as for the poke someone else will help you  ;D

Johnny Olsen

Insert the disk and type - poke 800,201 then return, now type |cpm and the game will run with the poke active.
Type |cpm to run the hacked version.

TFM

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 01:29, 27 March 15
Insert the disk and type - poke 800,201 then return, now type |cpm and the game will run with the poke active.
Type |cpm to run the hacked version.

If it works this way I eat my hat. Makes no sense to POKE first an then run. You have to run it first and then POKE - so use an emulator for easy POKEing.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

pelrun

I remember this one. The trick is that you're not changing the game code! The game already has the cheat programmed in, it just checks an address that isn't overwritten by the loader to see if the right value is present before enabling it.

Johnny Olsen

Quote from: TFM on 04:51, 27 March 15

If it works this way I eat my hat.   :)

I hope your hat, is a straw hat. Guten Appetit  :laugh:

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MacDeath

QuoteJust type |cpm to run the game
unless you have the inferiorly superior mighty AZERTY... so it becomes an exotic yet badass ùcpm...

but hey, we don't waste a key with a Ñ...
;D

(what about greeks ones ? are they writing only in esoteric mathematic formulae ?)