News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

What is this disk?

Started by tjohnson, 23:03, 06 June 17

Previous topic - Next topic

tjohnson

Hi all, I have this disk, not sure what it is or whether it is for the Amstrad CPC.  I can't get it to run so maybe it is not for the CPC.  It cats on the CPC but I can't get anything to run.  Can someone take a look please.

Audronic

@tjohnson

This is whats in it (disk.dsk)

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Shaun M. Neary

NOTES.DOC and START.DOC open in Mini Office II

Notes points to a reference to G.D. King of Square 2 software. Couldn't find anything on him though.
Start looks like an Elite type program with references to Docking Fees, Trading etc.

But that's all I could find about it...
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

arnoldemu

Looks to be for the PCW, they are written in Mallard BASIC.

This is in the docs " Advantage Computer User Group", and it mentions PCW.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

tjohnson

Thanks guys, I'll try it on a pcw, trying to load the basic files in basic comes with an error and in cpm plus it comes up with a disk error.  The disk had more stuff on the other side too

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

tjohnson

HI all, the disk runs on PCW, I tried it on the Joyce emulator.  As already said these are mallard basic programs.  Might be of some interest to someone.  This is the other side of the disk which had more on it.