News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

YM Audio format to mp3 Help

Started by jesusdelmas, 19:07, 10 March 19

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusdelmas

Hello guys! Im having some problems to convert YM audio files to mp3, do you know hownto do it?? Its really hard to find any information about YM audio files on internet.

Thanks a million!

Targhan

You won't be able to convert YM directly by checking its format, that's for sure. But there are solutions.
You can use AY Emulator by Bulba Sergey, it has an option to export to WAV.
There may be a Winamp plugin to load YMs. I know you can encode to WAV easily from Winamp.

Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

robcfg

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 19:07, 10 March 19
Hello guys! Im having some problems to convert YM audio files to mp3, do you know hownto do it?? Its really hard to find any information about YM audio files on internet.

Thanks a million!

Come on! It´s not that difficult...

Targhan

The format itself it documented, but producing a WAV is not that easy: you have to emulate an AY/YM!

[ot]You can import an YM in Arkos Tracker 2 to listen to it/extract sounds from it (Tools > YM Analyzer). Should I add an export to WAV option? I don't know if anyone would use that... But it's quite easy to do.[/ot]
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

robcfg

If it's easy to do, it's definitely a nice option to have.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 19:07, 10 March 19
Personally, I use AYEmul to convert .YMs to .WAV (right-click on the PLAYLIST item, select "CONVERT TO" then ".WAV").
After that, use any free WAV>MP3 converter tool to compress the raw wave to .MP3! There are many out there!

jesusdelmas

Thanks guys for yuor help!! I will try all the things you have tell me and i will put my results! :)

Docent

Use xm-play http://support.xmplay.com - it supports a lot of different players, native or from winamp, also for .ym files (ST Sound plugin I believe supports them). XM-Play can save audio data to a file or convert to mp3.

VincentGR

I use Delitracker player for this.
A strange thing I saw though is that games like Robocop have that slowdown like the real thing when it changes picture at the intro.
Perhaps these AYs are recorder from the emulator.

Docent

Quote from: VincentGR on 17:36, 11 March 19
I use Delitracker player for this.
A strange thing I saw though is that games like Robocop have that slowdown like the real thing when it changes picture at the intro.
Perhaps these AYs are recorder from the emulator.

Because ym files are actually a dump of ay registers' content done every specified time interval so if player in a game slows down, the data retain this "feature". Every replayer will slow down replaying such data.

ASiC

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 13:25, 11 March 19
Personally, I use AYEmul to convert .YMs to .WAV (right-click on the PLAYLIST item, select "CONVERT TO" then ".WAV").
After that, use any free WAV>MP3 converter tool to compress the raw wave to .MP3! There are many out there!
You can also select multiple files for batch conversion.
A feature I've requested from Sergei ages ago  :)