Therefore it was quite popular, although it did not really show off the Plus capabilities, being an early title and all.
Despite that, it wasn't a bad game on its own and is considered one of the good racing games on the Amstrad.
|Title:||Burning Rubber ( Cartridge )|
4 Versions of cartridges including this game exist.
- Spanish ROM with Burnin' Rubber (Blue) (EPROM: 130Z001 41091-1)
- French ROM with Burnin' Rubber (Green) (EPROM: 130Z001 41090-1)
- English ROM with Burnin' Rubber (Yellow) (EPROM: --unknown--)
- GX4000 version without BASIC (Red) (EPROM: 130Z001 41088-1)
Implementation details and use of Plus hardware
- Mode 0 and 1 are used for menu screen (Mode 1 for text, Mode 0 for upper)
- Mode 0 is used for high score table
- Mode 0 is used for game
- Plus palette is used throughout
- Plus sprites are used for B and R of Burnin' Rubber logo, for the player's car, and for the shadow under the car.
- Plus raster interrupts are used in the main menu
- Plus screen split is used.
- Plus soft hardware scroll is not used.
- DMA sound is used for sound effects.
[AMSTRAD GX4000] Burnin' Rubber (Gameplay Run-through) (by Xyphoe)
[AMSTRAD GX4000/PLUS] Burnin' Rubber - Longplay (by Xyphoe)
ChinnyVision - Ep 84 - Burnin' Rubber - Amstrad CPC (by Chinnyvision)
Quick Look by Novabug