A classic CAPCOM arcade game port from OCEAN.
Known as perhaps the best 8 bit port for this game (so say the Amstradists) and of course amongst the best the GX4000/PLUS have to offer..
It is quite faithful to the Arcade.
Covers from CPCmania
You can download in PDF from CPCmania ( See the links ).
You can download in CPR for use in emulators and BIN from CPCmania ( See the links ).
No CPC (old) version of this game exists, but clones do exist.
Longplay by Novabug
Quick Look by Novabug
Gameplay Run-through from xyphoe.
Longplay from xyphoe too.
Implementation details and use of Plus hardware
- Mode 0 is used for background and panel
- Plus palette is used for the nice colours in the background
- Plus sprites are used for the plane sprite (on the map), the bubbles/balls and the man
- Plus screen split is used for the panel at the bottom (split is set to line 199, so that the split occurs on line 200)
- Plus pixel by pixel hardware scroll is not used.
- Some sprites are software sprites (weapons, bird)
- Z80 Interrupt mode 2 is used (IVR auto-clear is active. All interrupt vectors point to the same function).