GMSK Version: 0.39 alpha
Control of GMSK
After launching the program, you can use both joysticks, the CPC-keyboard (cursor keys and copy) or some mice (c'est le souris). No lightpen support!
How to use the GMSK
- Insert Disc named "GMSK.dsk" to Drive A.
- Start FutureOS throug RSX-command !OS.
- Read Directory of the Drive (first tag A-Icon, then use/tag DIR-Icon).
- Tag file "- G-MSK .64K"
- Run Program G-MSK (use RUN-Icon, at down left side). (now you should see the CBM-Desktop of the converter).
- Press Copy to activate "File", then
- Press Copy to activate "Load Pict.", then (read the message, that no file is tagged until yet).
- Press Space to get back to the FutureOS-Desktop (temporarily). (now you see the FutureOS-Desktop like usual).
- Press Shift or Control to show the Directories of tagged drives.
- Tag picture to convert (place it on the disc previously).
- Click at OK-Icon (right side). (now you should see the CBM-Desktop of the converter again).
- Press Copy to activate "File".
- Press Copy to activate "Load Pict.".
- Select "Y" and press Copy to load Picture. (the picture will be loaded, uncompressed and a PAL-file will be loaded too). (You can now choose the arrangement of the sprites, but first ...)
- Move "cursor" right to "Conversion" and press Copy.
- Move the graphical cursor to the portion of the screen, which should be converted.
- Press Copy again to activate function "Pic. -> Sprite"
- Have a look at the Picture and then press Space.
- Have a look at the converted Sprites!!! (enjoy it for a while *g* or shout!)
- Press Space again go come back... to GMSK ;-)
- Press Copy to activate "File".
- Move down three lines (use Cursor-down key).
- Press Copy to activate "Save Spri.", to save the new Sprites to Disc.
- Hit Return to accept Drive, User and Name (or change it, if you like).
- (don't use little letters, if you want to use the file with another OS later).
- Press Copy to activate Menue "File".
- Move completely down (cursor down key) to the bottom of menue "File".
- Select function "End" (use Copy).
- Select "Yes" and press Copy. (now you've left GMSK, you should see the FutureOS-Desktop again).
- Touch Shift or Control key to see the saved Sprites in one of the directories.
- Quit FutureOS (... or have some more fun, creating other Sprites).
You can now load the converted Sprites to the ASIC-Sprite-RAM (adress &4000), to work with them. The color-palette of the Sprites is located between &6422 and &643F (&1E Bytes, two bytes for every PEN from 0 to &0F).
Functions in GMSK
- Load Pict. (see 5. Supported graphic formats).
- Save Pict.
- Load Spri.
- Save Spri.
- Close (same as End)
- Version (shows actual program version)
- Clear (clears loaded Picture and ASIC-Sprite-RAM)
- Colour (but only for PENs, not for Sprites until now).
- Language (english, german, french, and others if YOU translate!).
- M0 -> 2(X)*8(Y) (sets 2 Sprites in X and 8 Sprites in Y)
- M0 -> 3(X)*5(Y)
- M0 -> 4(X)*4(Y)
- M0 -> 5(X)*3(Y)
- M0 -> 8(X)*2(Y)
- every 2. line x (only every second scan line will be used)
- Pic. -> Sprite (the real function of the program).
- Show picture
- Show sprites
If you load a OCP Art Studio picture, GMSK checks if a .PAL file with the same filename exists. If a .PAL file is present, it will be analyzed and the PENs and the Sprite colors will be set according to the .PAL file.