Gerelakos is a Role-Play-Game (under construction) for the CPC. Tolkin and TFM are working since 2005 on it. First Preview was presented at the XzentriX_Meeting_2006 an can be downloaded on the gerelakos homepage.
This is the story of Kane and his quest through different worlds.
- This game uses Overscan in Mode 0.
- The video RAM is located in the RAM blocks &0000-&3FFF and &C000-&FFFF. One screen RAM is to be seen on the upper half of the screen, the other screen RAM is shown on the lower half of the screen. Every frame a part of the displayed screen is served by two different screen RAMs, this technique is called Crossfire. Since the CPC has no Crossfire graphic card, this technique is emulated by the software of the game engine.
- Since the game engine needs 32 KB screen RAM (&0000-&3FFF and &C000-&FFFF) it's necessary to use the interrupt mode 2 of the Z80. (The entry of IM 1 is located at &0038, in this case a part of the screen RAM).
- The resoluton in Mode 0 is 208(x) * 288(y) using 16 colors.
- Beside the Overscan there is another hardware effect. Smooth hardware scrolling is used. You scroll through one screen horizontally or vertically.
- A 3D engine is used for Gerelakos.
The game engine in general uses two 16 KB screen RAMs, the interrupt Mode 2 and some other special features. It is beeing developped for FutureOS.
Gerelakos Homepage: http://www.Gerelakos.de
Download at FutureOS homepage: http://www.FutureOS.de