HxC SD Slim - Install Guide Tips
0) Buy one of these to save the hassle after buying an HxC http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121373461801?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
1) Make sure that the red stripe is on the right side when coming out of the Amstrad and on left side when going into the HxC SD SLIM! Also make sure the little left switch is down and right switch is up on the floppy cable!
2) On the HxC SD Slim make sure both switch 1 and switch 2 are both ON and all the rest are off
3) Make sub directories for games on the SD card, 8GB is recommended ( Label them A-Z ) with games A in A, B in B and they have all been converted to *.HFE
4) Download the manager here and extract to SD card ( use SDCard_HxC_Floppy_Emulator_Manager V2.5 ( NOT 3.0 ) ) http://www.norecess.net/hxc-floppy-emulator-manager.html
5) Load the SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator http://hxc2001.free.fr/floppy_drive_emulator/index.html#SoftwareFloppyemulator and set "Enable auto boot mode" and "Force Loading Autoboot.HFE at power up " and "Enable Indexed Mode" - HFE Amstrad CPC (Not Auto) - SAVE CONFIG FILE TO SD CARD, load it again to make sure it was all set!
6) Place SDcard in the HxC, boot the Amstrad and everything else :p Then do Run"HXC
7) Homebrew games or music can be run after slotted with the command Run"Disc or CAT to make sure you've got the right filename to run
This is what I did to get it to work perfectly on my Amstrad CPC 6128!