Welcome to the Amstrad CPC Wiki!
This site hopes to evolve into an encyclopaedia on all things Amstrad CPC related. There are now 4,632 articles around the CPC available. Feel free to contribute or post your suggestions in the Forum!
- 23/09/2008: New PSPCap32 version!
- 17/09/2008: New CPCGamesCD release..
- 07/09/2008: Woo-hoo! CPC Sudoku released!!!
- 01/09/2008: Winape 2.0b17 released!
- 24/08/2008: The CEZ GS Virtual shop is open, featuring several Amstrad CPC titles for sale, including El Paciente 106 and the CEZ Collection vol. 1 pack in physical 3" disk format.
- 24/08/2008: StarSabre and Balloonacy released on tape from Cronosoft @ £2.99 each (£1 goes to the author)!
- 22/07/2008: New demo release! :)
- 21/07/2008: Devilmarkus released an AMAZING 3D model of a 464+monitor
- 12/07/2008: Alan Sugar resigns as AMSTRAD chairman
- 02/07/2008: dsktools 0.2.2 is out. Support writing to side B and retry when there is a read/write fail. 
- 11/06/2008: The Amstrad Action tribute issue 118 has been released. Download here: AA118
- 25/05/2008: SymStudio site updated, author seeking testers for version .99.
- 15/05/2008: A new game release, Capers in Cityland!
- 21/04/2008: CPCEmu 1.6b released!
- 12/04/2008: Got a Nintendo DS? Make it play some real games with AmeDS 2.1!!!
- 31/03/2008: CPCE 1.90 re-released, with even more bugfixes in the FDC emulation and LPTCPC's new ability to send extended disc images from a real CPC through the parallel cable.
- 27/03/2008: JavaCPC updated to 3.9 and gone open source!
- 23/02/2008: [hERMOL] has released a CPC conversion of [Street Fighter II]
Become an Author!
We are searching for authors of the following articles:
What is the Amstrad CPC about?
Did you know?
- When the 664 was being developed, Sugar was already looking (and hinting publicly!) at the 6128
- The CPC 472 was a model released in Spain with an extra unsoldered 8K of RAM to circumvent the law that stipulated a spanish keyboard for all machines with up to 64KB memory
- With a possible total amount of 768 x 270 pixel (540 interlaced) the CPC was the 8 bit homecomputer with the highest screen resolution ever.
- OpenOffice for Windows/Linux is a direct descendant of StarWriter for the CPC.
- The transfer speed of the CPC Booster + serial interface is faster than a standard DSL connection.
- SymbOS can handle more than 50 times bigger hard discs than MS Windows 95A.
- FutureOS can load 178 KB in 9 seconds from floppy disc.
- 26/07/08: Edit new pages: FIXED; big file upload: FIXED; multiple file upload: REENABLED; rich text editor: REENABLED; video embedding: REENABLED! All problems fixed? :)
- 15/07/08: Upgrade to Mediawiki 1.13.0. Apologies for the short downtime. FCKeditor is incompatible, for now.
- 23/07/08: Cpanel and OS of the server upgraded, hopefully things will be stable now!
- There have been SSH attacks on the server, rendering it unapproachable. Proxy has been reconfigured and, hopefully, uptime will be better now...
- FCKEditor installed! Now you can easily edit pages. Please report any functionality issues. You can also deactivate it in your user preferences.
- VIDEO EMBEDDING enabled for the wiki! Woo-hoo!!!
- MULTIPLE FILE UPLOAD FORM installed. For the time being it doesn't work alright when put in the sidebar...
- All the issues of Amtix!, Amstrad Action and Amstrad Computer User have been uploaded and you can find them here!
- Add the CPCWiki to your Homepage. Check out About#Wiki-Napping and start napping this Wiki.
These people were kind enough to donate. Please consider helping with hosting costs - all contributions go directly to our kind host, not our own pockets!
Thanks so much guys!
Where are CPC users from?
(or click here for the big map!)