News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
D

Distanzierung

Started by Devilmarkus, 22:37, 06 August 11

Previous topic - Next topic

robcfg

I wouldn't like to mess much here, but as I think that the events in this thread can go out of control, I'd like to share my opinion on the subject with you all.

- Regarding Gryzor. Well, I think that most of his decisions regarding the wiki have been quite good and I personally can't complain about him as administrator. But it seems that Kangaroo do really drives him mad, which is understandable up to a certain point. Lately Kangaroo's behaviour has been quite correct. Ironic, yes, but not particularly bad. As for the 'I Love Greek' avatar, I don't find it offensive, but then again, I'm not greek.
I think you should just try to a bit more zen about it, I know, it's difficult, but that would be the way to go.

- Regarding Markus. Besides his wonderful work with his emulator, I also find his work as administrator quite good, and I specially like how he's expressing his opinions on this subject (although his decision to leave administration seems a bit drastic). I understand your position and I respect your decision, but if I'd prefer you to stay here, of course.

- Regarding Kangaroo. The matter here is not about opinions, but manners. As I said Gryzor loses his temper quite fast with you, but you also like (or liked, because you seem nicer lately) to provoke him. I understand that you may not like each other, but the forum it's not the place to discuss such issues. Gryzor also said that even with his differences with you, he likes your music (count me in too), and you answered by making that song about him which was a bit rude. Ok, the song is quite catchy, but it wasn't nice.

I agree with Markus that you should talk and solve your differences or at least come up with a no agression pact. All of you have nice things to contribute things to this site in one way or another.

That's how I see things. Of course, I can be mistaken on a number of points here, so please correct me on anything I'm wrong. I think that if we all have time to discuss such matters, we could use that time for something more productive.

Best regards,
Rob

Gryzor

Hello Rob,

First of all thanks for your cool-headed feedback. I'd only like to add two things:

-As you can see, I have not touched or otherwise negatively reacted to Kangaroo's civil posts. But Kangaroo likes to play a two-sided game, on one hand being sensible and all and on the other elegantly (or not!) insulting those he wants.
-The issue about the avatar goes back a long way and is not exclusive to the forum, so it is understandable if one does not get it. Ever since the problems begun Kangaroo started referring to Greece and Greeks with derogatory terms, and this has been going on for a long time (just take a look at his blog, though of course he will claim that he honestly loves souvlaki). That's why me, and other Greek members, are finding it distasteful. After all, I kindly asked, several times, for it to be removed. If he was honest about it he would see that, willingly or not, since it offends certain people, he should remove it.

That's about it... I hope we find calmness soon.

Devilmarkus

Ok... I am back.
No! Not because Gryzor's or Kangaroo's words!
But because Rob and MaV impressed me.
They are the only people who gave their statements to this bullshit.

I really felt like an idiot because its not possible, that 2 adult persons can find a way to communicate.
And I don't want to be the person "in the middle"
Thats why I erased my account.

Not because I cooperate with Kangaroo or Gryzor or whoever...
I like both and I also can understand their both opinions.
But I really don't agree with their behaviour.

Thats it ;)

Now lets go back CPCing!

Edit: Bye Leonie or einoeL
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Devilmarkus

To inform you:
Kangaroo deleted his postings and wanted to be deleted from this forum.
I personally find this very sad...

TFM

Good to see you back Markus. I will not miss the anti-FutureOS comments of others if they leave. And that's IMHO. So back to positive CPC things  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Gryzor

Well, good riddance. But, before you say anything about "adults" or "kindergarten" etc etc, please remember that it was you who wanted him and Leonie on board... two persons who have offered nothing -absolutely nothing- of substance to the community except for trouble.

robcfg

Well, Markus didn't bring them to cause problems and for what I read, I think he is pretty disappointed too with all this trouble.

So, Markus, nice to have you back on board!

As I told earlier, there are a lot of things to do here to preserve the CPC legacy, and I think it's the better way to employ our time.

Gryzor

Quote from: robcfg on 20:37, 08 August 11
Well, Markus didn't bring them to cause problems and for what I read, I think he is pretty disappointed too with all this trouble.

No, I meant he wanted them on board after they had been banned, and to forgive them. But let's not discuss it any more...

TFM

Quote from: robcfg on 20:37, 08 August 11
As I told earlier, there are a lot of things to do here to preserve the CPC legacy, and I think it's the better way to employ our time.

Totally agree, and don't forget the CPCs Future ;-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

robcfg

Of course not!  :P

I'm waiting to try that wonderful MegaFlash witn FutureOS in it!  8)

Devilmarkus

Hummmm... Am I not right here in the C64 forum?  :'(

Gryzor

Devilmarkus

Damnnnn!!! I knew, something was wrong!!!

Well... CPC?

Gryzor

...more like it!

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

Devilmarkus

Hat jemand was dagegen, dass wir dieses Thema hier löschen?
Und auch das "Etwas Wunderbares ist geschehen"?

Gryzor

Well, I don't see why delete it, but it's not important...

TFM

I don't mind. Feel free.
TFM of FutureSoft

nurgle

I clearly don't have enough time to get involved with moderation or forum politics, so don't expect posts to the subject from me on a regular basis. I just want to add my 2 Eurocent.

For the original subject: I still can't see the exact reason why Kangaroo was banned. If "I love greek" was the reason I would regard banning as a "slight" overreaction. Maybe there is something I have not seen, but the things I have read here from Kangaroo since he rejoined were rather civilized. and nothing that could not be dealt with by a proper answer. The ban does not help to create a better climate IMHO.

For the wish to delete this thread: This is exactly what happened in "the-other-CPC-forum-which-should-not-be-named-here". When it magically reappeared the thread about the closing of the forum which started all the bad blood was gone. It was deleted with good intentiions, so new users are not scared away when they read it, but to me such "desctruction of evidence" leaves a bad feeling. This thread here should not be deleted, because magically disappearing threads about forum politics will make it look like there is something to hide - which clearly is not the case.

As said, just my 2 Eurocent. Sorry for stirring up the subject, but all these personal wars do sit heavily on my stomach at times.

Ygdrazil

I agree why delete this thread??!

/Ygdrazil

Quote from: nurgle on 22:45, 16 August 11
For the wish to delete this thread: This is exactly what happened in "the-other-CPC-forum-which-should-not-be-named-here". When it magically reappeared the thread about the closing of the forum which started all the bad blood was gone. It was deleted with good intentiions, so new users are not scared away when they read it, but to me such "desctruction of evidence" leaves a bad feeling. This thread here should not be deleted, because magically disappearing threads about forum politics will make it look like there is something to hide - which clearly is not the case.