News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Help finding CPC 464+/664/6128 (newer white models)

Started by Malc.Jennings, 23:08, 30 March 09

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc.Jennings

Hello people. I've been trying for ages to find one of the white CPC models that can be plugged into a TV but have so far had no luck. I would love to get my hands on one as even when I was a kid I dreamed up upgrading.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Gryzor

arnoldemu

Quote from: Malc.Jennings on 23:08, 30 March 09
Hello people. I've been trying for ages to find one of the white CPC models that can be plugged into a TV but have so far had no luck. I would love to get my hands on one as even when I was a kid I dreamed up upgrading.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
Hi Malc,
I don't think either the 464+ or 6128+ can be plugged direct into a tv. they lack aerial or scart.
However, if you have the time and experience you can solder up a lead to do just that.
There may be some sites that even offer an already prepared lead.

Hmmm.. I looked on E-bay Uk the other day and it seems the supply of any cpc computers has dried up.
I can't see even cpc6128's... :(
I am still looking for one with type-4 crtc.

But anyway...

I think you may find it difficult except for in Spain and France... are you prepared to pay the cost of shipping though?
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Malc.Jennings

Oh right my mistake (on the TV thing). Will have to invest in a special scart then. Still surprises me that Amstrad went down the monitor based route well into the remodel series when it would've been far more cost effective for the end-user to just have TV output like, dare I say it, the C64 and ZX Spectrum had all the time.

Gryzor

Well, it's been discussed so many times :) The all-in-one solution! It worked out quite cheap, too, and the monitor was of good quality (and with great speakers to boot). c64? ZX? Bah, toys....

If you're interested, I've got a 6128 Plus (AZERTY) that's just sitting, I could give it to you at cost...