News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

4-player adapter? // MultiPlay MX4 Expansion

Started by mr_lou, 11:36, 29 June 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryce

No :) Too many other things to do at the moment.

Bryce.

TotO

@mr_lou: As I said, I have to test some extra features before any batch.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

mr_lou

Quote from: TotO on 07:47, 22 July 15@mr_lou: As I said, I have to test some extra features before any batch.

But that was like 2 weeks ago.  ;)
How many extra features are we talking about?  :)

I can see that my sense of humour isn't reaching that far down south.

I'm in no rush for a batch TotO. I was just kidding around.
I'm happy to be able to borrow the prototype. Lemme know when it's on its way. We're ready to test our 4-player game on real hardware.

TotO

Last 2 weeks have passed like 2 days...  :(
I have done nothing for the CPC since the ReSeT.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 14:16, 22 July 15
Last 2 weeks have passed like 2 days...  :(
I have done nothing for the CPC since the ReSeT.

Take your time TotO, good work needs its time. And up to now all your expansions are strictly awesome!  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TFM

TotOs, MultiPlay is now supported by FutureOS, next update will be out in few weeks anyway.  :)

EDIT: Can you please check which value you get on your real CPC when using:
? inp(&ff90)
If the value is 255, then never mind, it's all ok. But if you get another number, then please report here. This is of interest for everybody developing games with support of the MultiPlay.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

KaosOverride

Trying to give CapriceRPI the MultiPlay support, I think I have made it OK, but just to be sure...

Ports are &F990 and &F991

From lower to higher bit, the functions are:
Up, Down, Left, Right, Fire1, Fire2, ¿Fire3?, free

"Space Rivals" seems to work ok, with 4 USB pads I can manage the 4 spaceships, Up or Fire 2 to push up the space ship, left/right to shoot to the direction, and Fire 1 to activate shields.

If I'm wrong, please tell me
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

TotO

Great! :)

The MultiPlay only use the 6 LSB for each controller in the order you said.
So, a program have to mask (BYTE AND &3F) to read it properly.

For information, the MultiPlay will be available in January. (the time to finish the pending orders and build them)

CraigsBar

Am I on that list of pending orders list?
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TotO

I will build 20 boards first, then I will put it on my website to not make peoples waiting for it.
I don't forget you... ;)

KaosOverride

Quote from: TotO on 16:07, 11 December 15
Great! :)

The MultiPlay only use the 6 LSB for each controller in the order you said.
So, a program have to mask (BYTE AND &3F) to read it properly.

Then CapriceRPI is ready with release 1.2 at github!!  :laugh:

Hope to have some time tomorrow morning to make the binary builds available at MEGA
KaosOverride · GitHub
MEGA Amstrad Public Amstrad folder

TotO

About emulation, a mirror address exist at $F890, $F891.

1111 100- 1001 0000x
F    8/9  9    0/1

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 00:05, 12 December 15
About emulation, a mirror address exist at $F890, $F891.

1111 100- 1001 0000x
F    8/9  9    0/1

Awesome!!! This way it actually can be detected!!!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

Some news...

I have built and dispatched few of the original Multiplay boards for tests to peoples making games.
Some of you have already seen it working at the ReSeT event in 2015 with MegaBlaster and a Tron-like game, both made by Axelay!!!  :o

Since, I have made some extra changes with the help of gerald.  8)
The MultiPlay will allow not only to use two extra controllers, but proportional Amiga mice too!  ;D
I hope that will open new games ideas and PlayCity combo usage too!

Here the (close to) final design.

[attachimg=1]

I will let you know when all will be ready, next month.

Kris

Once again, a great piece of hardware !!  :o
Congrats !!

CraigsBar

I'll be having a couple of these too please. ;)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TotO

Thanks.  8)
I hope that it will be possible to support the 3rd fire and mouse button too.

Grim

Quote from: TotO on 09:37, 27 January 16MegaBlaster and a Tron-like game, both made by Axelay!!!
TRON-Like ... WAT?! DSK PLZ! :D

TotO

Axelay has not released QuadRaster actually.  :P
The ReSeT preview was a four simultaneous players game only.

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 21:43, 27 January 16
Thanks.  8)
I hope that it will be possible to support the 3rd fire and mouse button too.

That would be AWESOME!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Bryce

Very nice board TotO. Why don't you narrow the board to the width on the 50way connector, there's loads of space. Or are you sticking to some MX4 standard size?

Bryce.

khaz

Quote from: TotO on 09:37, 27 January 16
The MultiPlay will allow not only to use two extra controllers, but proportional Amiga mice too;D

That's the bigger news imo. Amiga mice are still aplenty, still being made and sold. There are also a lot of DB9-PS/2 Amiga adapters to use modern mice. Being able to use such a standard mouse on the CPC should really ease stuff like using SymBOS, and promote making new software using it.

Which prompts the question: is it not possible to use an Amiga mouse on the CPC joystick port, either directly with a clever software or through an adapter of some sort?

dodogildo

M'enfin!

Bryce

Quote from: khaz on 02:26, 28 January 16
Which prompts the question: is it not possible to use an Amiga mouse on the CPC joystick port, either directly with a clever software or through an adapter of some sort?

Not with software, but with a small adapter it wouldn't be difficult to do.

Bryce.

TotO

Quote from: BryceVery nice board TotO. Why don't you narrow the board to the width on the 50way connector, there's loads of space. Or are you sticking to some MX4 standard size?
Thank you.  :)
The actual prototype have connectors inside de PCB to virtually reduce the width. But, the rooting is more clean now. (only 2 via actually)
Keeping the same PCB size for all expansions is more clear for the user and clean on our desk.

Quote from: khazThat's the bigger news imo. Amiga mice are still aplenty, still being made and sold. There are also a lot of DB9-PS/2 Amiga adapters to use modern mice. Being able to use such a standard mouse on the CPC should really ease stuff like using SymBOS, and promote making new software using it.
Exactly. It is the idea.  8)

Quote from: khazWhich prompts the question: is it not possible to use an Amiga mouse on the CPC joystick port, either directly with a clever software or through an adapter of some sort?
Sure it is. (As for ST mouse), but that means each software took some times to read and count moves at each frame to keep a minimum of accuraty.