News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Lower ROM Board

Started by Bryce, 13:37, 13 December 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would be interested in a Lower ROM Board

No, what for?
3 (12%)
Yes, as a standalone device.
7 (28%)
Yes, as a module that plugs onto the MegaFlash.
15 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: 13:37, 12 January 12

Bryce

I only ordered 15 boards, at the time only 8 people said they definitely wanted one. So I could only order some prototype boards. Those 15 are gone.

Getting back to the Spectrum device: The difference between the Spectrum and the CPC is that the CPC Firmware is actually very well written. The Spectrum was full of bugs, so people started working on improvements years ago and have been producing tweaked versions with all sorts of improvements and additional commands. Everyone was (mostly) happy with the CPC Firmware, so there was very little tweaking done. The Spectrum also has some free space left in the ROM, so there's space for new stuff like IDE commands and so on, but the CPC ROM is more or less fully packed.

Bryce.

Badstarr

EEEP! Was looking at this picture and wondering what the hell CPC revision it was for a good 2 mins 30 seconds before the penny dropped duh!  :laugh: 

Quote from: RockRiver on 01:09, 11 May 12

Proud owner of 464 GTM64 6128 GTM65, GX4128 and a 464/6128 Plus Hybrid a 20 year long ambition realised! :-)

Gryzor

I was always jealous about the tweaks and the new ROMs for the Speccy, until I realised it was need that pushed them to produce them.

However, in my mind there's still room for improvement - wouldn't it superb if there was a fusion of the Amstrad-made stuff and QuickCMD for instance?

PS Winter is coming...

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:58, 13 May 12
PS Winter is coming...

Settle down! Summer has properly started yet!

Bryce.

Gryzor

No, you don't get it!

Bryce

Hmm, I still don't get it. There's obviously a gap in my "Nerdy Film Knowledge" :(

Bryce.

Gryzor

Quote from: Bryce on 09:42, 14 May 12
Hmm, I still don't get it. There's obviously a gap in my "Nerdy Film Knowledge" :(

Bryce.

Then you're not nerdy enough.

The Official Website for the HBO Series Game of Thrones | Season 2

Bryce

Seems so. I don't know Game of Thrones :(

Bryce.

Gryzor

You're missing out. Fantastic series. Every tuesday morning I wake up humming the intro music (opening credits, btw, are probably the best ever seen in a tv series). That's because we watch in on Monday nights - ohhhh that's today :)