News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

6128 plus sound issues with DMA music when X-Mem attached

Started by Maniac, 19:58, 15 February 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Maniac

In the last couple of weeks I've loaded a few old demos that contain DMA music on my 6128 plus:
- Seminoizin
- Sappy
- Hate Beats

They all work as expected when the X-Mem isn't connected but when it is the demos load and run but there's no music.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm not sure if it's dirty connections or something else but I've cleaned things up and the X-Mem works as expected otherwise. Any ideas please?

CraigsBar

Quote from: Maniac on 19:58, 15 February 15
In the last couple of weeks I've loaded a few old demos that contain DMA music on my 6128 plus:
- Seminoizin
- Sappy
- Hate Beats

They all work as expected when the X-Mem isn't connected but when it is the demos load and run but there's no music.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm not sure if it's dirty connections or something else but I've cleaned things up and the X-Mem works as expected otherwise. Any ideas please?
is this only demos? The prehistorik 2 title screen DMA tune is fine on my pluses.

I also just copied the above 3 demos to my HxC. Again no problem here.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Maniac

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:24, 15 February 15
is this only demos? The prehistorik 2 title screen DMA tune is fine on my pluses.

I also just copied the above 3 demos to my HxC. Again no problem here.
I'll give Prehistorik 2 a go when I get a minute to see.

I suspect it maybe something about the way my X-Mem is connected thru my Multiface 2 and a rom socket for Parados in slot 7. I cleared all the ROM slots off of the X-Mem just to check that it wasn't causing issues. It may be time to get a MX4 board to connect it to the machine instead of using these edge connectors.