News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

6128 Plus stuff wanted

Started by zeropolis79, 21:07, 13 June 10

Previous topic - Next topic

zeropolis79

I brought a 6128 Plus over the local car boot sale today for £3 but it was only the keyboard and the cartridge..

Does anyone have any power cables and Plus to SCART leads going spare please?

Gryzor

Bryce

You can make them all yourself if you can do some basic soldering. All the required info should be in the Wiki.

Bryce.

zeropolis79

My soldering skills are next to none and I refuse to try and MAKE a power cable.. I'd rather buy the cables if possible..

Yeap, £3.. bargain and it was hidden under a table. I only got it as I've never SEEN one before.. It came with the system cartridge and a Fun School disc!

bleeper

Very lucky indeed, I think I've only ever seen one CPC at a car boot in about 10 years! (I think they all get bought very early on by people who will just go and sell them on eBay  >:( )

I know where you're coming from - I used to shy away from DIY cables too, but then you look at the price people are asking compared to the price of the parts, I soon got soldering.

zeropolis79

I can buy a cable on eBay for £10 which isn't bad, but I'm more in need of a power cable..

I saw a 464 with colour monitor and DDI-1 and games last year but they wanted £50 for it..

I go over my local one at 6:30 and get bargains..

MacDeath

I bought a universal Power supply...
Just need one able to provide 3A and 5V...

And of course the correct plug, beware about the + and - too... but the correct plug was supplied with it and the correct way to plug it found on Wiki...

The problem : such 3A power supply may seem a bit expensive (40 € for me) but can also be used with a lot of other equipments perhaps.

And it works quite well...
It's still better to have a proper monitor, as the Scart/peritel cable imply a lot of soldering unless you still get/got one.
Such scart cable if often inferior than having a proper monitor, yet it will depend of your TV of course (cathodinc old ones are perjaps better, donc use 16/9 unless it can resize picture properly or emulate good old TV...)

Of course you may need to change the drive belt, as often...a classical with 3" disk drives.

Concerning Amstrad stuff, a 6128+ is perhaps the best bit you can get... Actually the most powerfull in-built setting...

Its only fault being the lack of Tape plug-in... (some also say lack of a better Cartridge OS, or even lack of full CPC compatibility... :D ) as it is the easiest way to get some (simple/games) softwares to work properly in this modern time.
(MP3 player...)

But as more complex softwares would indeed need ROM or Disk...Not that much a shame...(yet disapointing)

zeropolis79

Bryce

Adding a Tape socket to a 6128+ isn't that difficult: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/DIY_Plus_Tape_Socket

Bryce.

Shredder11

Quote from: zeropolis79 on 16:15, 14 June 10

I saw a 464 with colour monitor and DDI-1 and games last year but they wanted £50 for it..

I go over my local one at 6:30 and get bargains..

Well it was a bargain when compared with the Ebay auction number 250657732308 that finished earlier tonight... :o ::)
Amstrad CPC6128, 3.5" Ext' Floppy, SD HxC Floppy Emulator

Shredder11

Quote from: Bryce on 10:11, 15 June 10
Adding a Tape socket to a 6128+ isn't that difficult: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/DIY_Plus_Tape_Socket

Bryce.

I bought one of these from Ebay brand new for £3.99 & FREE P&P; check out auction number 390112074388 which has plenty more available to buy.  I've not had chance to try it out yet as I have been doing other things, but it should work fine.

BRAND NEW 5 PIN PLUG TO 4 X RCA PHONO PLUGS
CABLE IS APPROX 1.2METRES LONG
5-pin DIN PLUG (wired 1 + 4 + 5 + 3) to 4 x RCA phono plugs
Amstrad CPC6128, 3.5" Ext' Floppy, SD HxC Floppy Emulator

Gryzor

***100GBPs*** for a drive? Wow, I'm getting slowly rich I guess...

robcfg

That hurts!

A couple of weeks ago CPCManiaco just gave me one functional DDI-1. At this rate I'll be owing him a lot of money!!!  :P