News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

6128 PSU

Started by Gryzor, 22:38, 13 January 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

5V, 4A, small footprint, correct plug (if you say so, can't judge from the photo), aaand a low price to boot! Not much to lose, going to get one, unless you happen to have one stashed around that you want to dispose of, in that case I could buy it along with the board...

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 10:49, 25 January 17
5V, 4A, small footprint, correct plug (if you say so, can't judge from the photo), aaand a low price to boot! Not much to lose, going to get one, unless you happen to have one stashed around that you want to dispose of, in that case I could buy it along with the board...

Nope in fact I was going to order one for myself too. If it's cheaper, I can order two of them and send it over with the adapter?

The connector dimensions are mentioned on the page.

Bryce.

||C|-|E||

I also like that one. I may buy one and take it with me to Spain, this way I can power my CPCs in there with it. Either that or I make one myself because I think I have all the components at home, including the transformer  :)

Gryzor

Hm, yeah, I think it'd make sense because it's pretty expensive for it to be shipped here... but only if it's no bother for you.

Lazy Dude

We are definitely overloaded with PSU information and threads thereof!

Gryzor

Maybe someone should MAKE A NEW PROJECT FOR AN ALL-IN-ONE PSU :D

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:11, 25 January 17
Maybe someone should MAKE A NEW PROJECT FOR AN ALL-IN-ONE PSU :D

I made a PSU that could power everything including C64 which needs 9VAC. I eventually sold it to someone who wouldn't take no for an answer. It's nice to have, but will always cost more than individual PSUs.

Bryce.

Gryzor

Just for the record, guys, that someone wasn't me. I always power my c64s with a relevant power source*.

*burning manure

Bryce

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:28, 25 January 17
Just for the record, guys, that someone wasn't me. I always power my c64s with a relevant power source*.

*burning manure

No, it was a member of a local Commodore User Group (which I like to call Commodores Anonymous :) .... My name is Bob and I have a problem....)

Bryce.

Gryzor

The outlook is never very bright in those Anonymous groups :D

Bryce

I think their motto is "One shade of brown at a time".

Bryce.

Gryzor

*...but we have the SID.

1024MAK

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:50, 25 January 17
*...but we have the SID.
Only if it has not been nicked to go in an interface for another computer...
Looking forward to summer in Somerset :-)

Bryce

Or just died of its own accord like so many C64 chips tend to do.

Bryce.

protek

Dusting up this old topic. I recently purchased a Mean Well RPD-60A medical power supply to power my Commodore 1541-II and 1581. It supplies 5V at 5A and 12V at 2A. https://www.meanwell.com/Upload/PDF/RPD-60/RPD-60-SPEC.PDF

Here it is built into a case with a separate power switch and a fuse on the mains side.

I figured that since it's meant for medical applications, it should probably supply as ripple-free voltage as possible.

Bryce

The ripple may not be much better than other supplies, but it will have much better isolation and protection built in. Good choice.

Bryce.

protek

I figured it would be a good value for money alternative (around 25€) for Amstrads. Of course, you need to spend some more in case, connectors and cables. I'd probably do one for my CPC6128, if I didn't already have the 5VCPC.