News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

464 and 6128 Vector Drawings

Started by redbox, 20:50, 06 May 11

Previous topic - Next topic

redbox

I remember seeing somewhere that someone had drawn the 464 and 6128 Plus as a vector (black and white line) drawing.  I think it was an Adobe Illustrator creation...

I can't find the these drawings anywhere now on the net - anyone got any ideas where they are?

redbox

They're on Grim's website: http://www.grimware.org/doku.php/documentations/start#amstrad.plus

I was hoping they contained the keys, but unfortunately not.

Anyone got any other traces which do contain the keys?  Or if not, anyone know what font it is on a Plus keyboard?

Grim

These great vector drawings came from antiriad.com but this website seems to be dead now. The zip file attached to this message includes all the original Adobe Illustrator (vector) files I downloaded from this website back then. You can easily add the keys on the Plus drawings if you want to (if you can't open the .ai files, I can make a high-res png version of them).

Gryzor

Yes!!! That's the one! Cheers mate...

redbox

Thanks Grim, these are great files.

I wanted to see if anyone had already traced the keys because I want to make stickers and turn my AZERTY keyboard into a QWERTY one.

I'm not that good with graphics programs so was hoping maybe somebody knew the font (or a similar one) used on the Plus keyboard...?

arnoldemu

Quote from: redbox on 08:02, 07 May 11
Thanks Grim, these are great files.

I wanted to see if anyone had already traced the keys because I want to make stickers and turn my AZERTY keyboard into a QWERTY one.

I'm not that good with graphics programs so was hoping maybe somebody knew the font (or a similar one) used on the Plus keyboard...?
I guess you could take a photo and use one of those font finding websites.
I found this one with a quick search, but others may be better:

http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

redbox

Quote from: arnoldemu on 15:51, 10 May 11
I guess you could take a photo and use one of those font finding websites.

Never knew these types of websites existed - thanks for the pointer.

Tried it with an image of the Plus keyboard but it didn't come up with anything particularly good.

Then I tried Identifont which attempts to do it by you answering questions.  It suggested the Predicate font which looks like quite a good match for making up key stickers.  Unfortunately it's not a free font though.

I expect that Amstrad used a custom font for the keyboard...  ::)

arnoldemu

Quote from: redbox on 22:51, 10 May 11

Never knew these types of websites existed - thanks for the pointer.
Same here until Devilmarkus showed me.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Resurrection time!

These drawings are fantastic, but does anyone have the "CPC464" etc. logos in vector format?