News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

664 expansion puzzle

Started by Velociraptor, 11:31, 23 August 21

Previous topic - Next topic

Velociraptor

I've been quite busy so never got the expansion side of my CPCs sorted out.

I have a bit of a puzzle with what to do with my 664. I'd like it to look as neat and tidy as possible, which means using a dk'tronics ram expansion. However the 664 is different to the 464 so a dk'tronics expansion sticks out below the bottom of the 664 raising it off the worktop surface.

Additionally the speech expansion is great for adding speakers, but same problem.

I do have a multiface 2 so that could plug into the back of the 664, the ram and speech into that, and finally the USiFAC2 into the end of that but it's a bit messy.

Alternatively I could drop the original expansions and go for an X4 board and plug everything into that but it doesn't look as good.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this better?

Bryce

You could make some sort of offset using 2 or 3cm of flat cable?

Bryce.

Velociraptor

Yes, good thinking! If I get the right length of flat cable then the expansion will just sit on the desktop and While it won't quite be as good as being inserted into the back it'll be as close as I can get.

Audronic

An Other Thought

Place a suitable full length piece of wood under the back of the keyboard (about 2 Inches Wide) to lift the whole keyboard at the back up ?

Just a thought

Keep Safe

Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

ComSoft6128

Quote from: Bryce on 12:42, 23 August 21
You could make some sort of offset using 2 or 3cm of flat cable?

Bryce.

Yes that's probably best, I used this back in the day and it worked fine for years :)