News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Adding more games to a 6128+ system cartridge

Started by keropi, 18:24, 12 June 16

Previous topic - Next topic

keropi

Hiya!

is there an easy way to use a bigger eprom in a 6128+ cartridge (like a 27C512) and have more games available in it, accessing them with |GAME1 .... |GAME4 or something similar?
I have opened my cartridge and plan to replace the rom data with redbox's patched rom , so I thought to ask if anyone made a version of it with more games or something... it would be nice to have stuff like BB4CPC or R-Type128 in there too  ;D

TIA for any info!

Phantomz

Quote from: keropi on 18:24, 12 June 16
Hiya!

is there an easy way to use a bigger eprom in a 6128+ cartridge (like a 27C512) and have more games available in it, accessing them with |GAME1 .... |GAME4 or something similar?
I have opened my cartridge and plan to replace the rom data with redbox's patched rom , so I thought to ask if anyone made a version of it with more games or something... it would be nice to have stuff like BB4CPC or R-Type128 in there too  ;D

TIA for any info!

I'm sure someone will answer you soon enough  ;D

I think most people use the C4CPC now, I might be wrong!  ::)

C4CPC - CPCWiki

I wish someone would make R-type 128k cart myself ( maybe the guys who made it ) so I could play on my 6128 plus from cart.

Scarlettkitten

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:11, 12 June 16

I wish someone would make R-type 128k cart myself ( maybe the guys who made it ) so I could play on my 6128 plus from cart.

Now that would be sweet  8)
Sophie Rose:- My musical works https://soundcloud.com/sophierosemusics

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:11, 12 June 16

I think most people use the C4CPC now, I might be wrong!  ::)

That's the right answer. An absolutely essential purchase for any Plus or GX4000 owner.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

keropi

yep sure, it's in the plans to get a C4CPC but in the meantime since I'm going to desolder that eprom I am asking if there is a possibility to get more from it , burning a bigger eprom with more stuff would be a no-brainer IF it is possible  ;)

@chinnyhill10
great yt channel btw, in the past ~3 weeks I have watched every cpc related content you have - really enjoyed them since quite honestly I am late to the cpc party  ;D 

robcfg

You can put a 512KB eprom there but you'll have to set up the right links in the cartridge board so the computer knows the right size.

keropi

yes I have read about that (and Bryce's 4x128kb project as I did search about that before posting), what I am unsure is how to organize the data inside the 512kb...
I guess this hasn't been brought up before so maybe I'll just have to settle for the patched Burning Rubber rom instead