News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Albireo - USB/SD/Serial interface for CPC

Started by PulkoMandy, 15:54, 18 October 15

Previous topic - Next topic

PulkoMandy

Quote from: TFM on 15:32, 08 July 16
Well, in the mouse HID part of the basic listing there are lines like:

OUT CMD,&15:OUT &CMD,&7
OUT CMD,&15:OUT &CMD,&6

I guess this should be DAT instead of CMD for the 2nd OUT:

OUT CMD,&15:OUT &DAT,&7
OUT CMD,&15:OUT &DAT,&6

Interestingly both versions of the program work.

Yes, you are right, this should be DAT. This is for resetting the USB device, I guess the other version works because resetting is not strictly needed.

As for software availability: there is still nothing released yet. This is not under my control as I'm waiting for other people to write the software  ;D
Cld is working on porting the Arkos ROMs to use the serial interface. OffseT is working on a ROM for filesystem access, but has some other projects in progress.

Audronic

Quote from: PulkoMandy on 08:45, 11 July 16
As for software availability: there is still nothing released yet. This is not under my control as I'm waiting for other people to write the software  ;D
Cld is working on porting the Arkos ROMs to use the serial interface. OffseT is working on a ROM for filesystem access, but has some other projects in progress.

Ok Thanks   Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

slarti

Hi Pulko

If you have some space in your FIFO, please add me to the queue  ;D
It looks really nice and I'm wondering what's possible with it.

Thanks for your great work,

Slarti

TFM

Quote from: PulkoMandy on 08:45, 11 July 16
Yes, you are right, this should be DAT. This is for resetting the USB device, I guess the other version works because resetting is not strictly needed.

Interestingly it seems to be needed, did quite some tests with this nice piece of hardware, but also there seem to be a lot of undocumented features of the CH376 chip. So I need some time to get that all together.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

OK I am too stupid for this board!

Does anyone havea mouse that is known to work....

I have tried many and although most do nothing (one or 2 return an Error 23)

I do not know what the HID MOuse test is actually meant to do!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:30, 29 August 16
Does anyone have a mouse that is known to work....

I use an old cheap USB mouse. Guess everyone works. Get the DSK I posted before, it can show you the mouse moving on screen. Also the error code is normal.  :)

Here:
Albireo - USB/SD/Serial interface for CPC

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

CraigsBar

I used your dsk from the 17th june. Is there a newer one? When you say the screen should show the mouse, you mean the 1 pixel should move? In which case.... Arse! I need to keep on hunting for a working mouse.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 23:37, 29 August 16
I used your dsk from the 17th june. Is there a newer one? When you say the screen should show the mouse, you mean the 1 pixel should move? In which case.... Arse! I need to keep on hunting for a working mouse.

OK After more fiddling I have found that a 1 button Apple Mouse (circa 2006) works just fine. Does anyone else know of a confirmed working mouse so I can go buy one ;)

A CPC Mouse with only 1 button sounds nasty LOL

TFM

I guess it depends on power consumption, I only checked one mouse and it worked. Well, going to check some more now. (On DSK there are two versions: One moves a point, one draws a line, I do have a newer version somewhere, but not at this PC).
TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 16:23, 30 August 16
I guess it depends on power consumption, I only checked one mouse and it worked. Well, going to check some more now. (On DSK there are two versions: One moves a point, one draws a line, I do have a newer version somewhere, but not at this PC).
Yeah, I tested both versions. The one button apple mouse is the only one that works on either version.

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:48, 30 August 16
Yeah, I tested both versions. The one button apple mouse is the only one that works on either version.
OK.. I found another box of mouses and found 4 that work! 2 dell, one wireless one cabled, one lenovo and one Logitech. @Prodatron , any chance of support for the Albireo mouses and mass storage in symbos?

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:48, 30 August 16

Have a look at my updated version, providing much more data, but it's slower (hey, it's basic!). Pleas move mouse slow and look at given data. Maybe this can be helpful for you. Checks: dX, dY, wheel, buttons 1-3...

Start file "AMS"  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 19:18, 03 September 16

Have a look at my updated version, providing much more data, but it's slower (hey, it's basic!). Pleas move mouse slow and look at given data. Maybe this can be helpful for you. Checks: dX, dY, wheel, buttons 1-3...

Start file "AMS"  :)
Thanks @TFM will run some tests on both the working and not working mouses.

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:44, 03 September 16

Oh, I didn't investigate if "hot plug and play" has any influence... btw...  :-X
TFM of FutureSoft

CraigsBar

Quote from: TFM on 19:47, 03 September 16

Oh, I didn't investigate if "hot plug and play" has any influence... btw...  :-X
With the tools copied onto the xmass or m4 load time from a cold plug is minimal. ;)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

TFM

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:44, 03 September 16

Hi, did some tests by myself. One mouse didn't work so I altered the line 540 in the AMS program. Just delete the "if .... goto" part, then more mice should work. Give it a try (works 100% for me, ok, only tested two mice).

Some mice obviously don't report "Command completed".
TFM of FutureSoft

PulkoMandy

Hi,

Here are some news:

Cld is still working on the serial port support. He now has a simple tool to send and receive files using the XModem protocol. However we found that the 0xFF byte does not work reliably (just this one value). We are investigating this, and until the issue is fixed I don't want to ship more boards. This is why the shipping is further delayed. Sorry about that.

I know several persons are in for the USB port and the mass storage parts, and don't care about the serial port. But, I'd rather ship something that fully works.

CraigsBar

Sorry for the mouse test delays... My vampire 600 v2 arrived this week so I am having some Amiga 600 time.

TFM

Quote from: PulkoMandy on 14:01, 06 September 16
.... and until the issue is fixed I don't want to ship more boards. This is why the shipping is further delayed.

What can people do who already got their board?

TFM of FutureSoft

PulkoMandy

CraigsBar

Quote from: PulkoMandy on 09:18, 23 September 16
Write software for it  :D
Or like me.... Hope for symbos support for the mouse soon ;)

TFM

Quote from: PulkoMandy on 09:18, 23 September 16
Write software for it  :D

Oh, that's what I do. But my question was rather of this kind.

Let's assume the nice little Albi has some bug: Can this cured by software? Or do I need to send the board to you? Or should I just not bother at all.

BTW.: I got already a very nice driver for USB mouses (runs with 100% of my tested mouses) - Thanks to your BASIC program code of course.  ;D

Hope to be able to do more soon  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

CloudStrife

Unfortunately we don't know what is the bug yet...
The main hypothesis was a hardware problem (communication between the FT231X and the TL16C550) but measure seem to indicate it was not the case.
Since that I don't get time to redo more software test :(
And I don't have hope for this week-end and this week...

For the CH376 part it's seem to work just fine, the DOS from OffseT work for me without problem. It's for the moment only in RAM mode ( I am not the only one without available time :/ ) but I currently use exclusively the SD for working after the boot.

For the serial interface, if we don't find the problem or can't correct it, I have a last chance workaround by using the serial interface only in 7 bits mode or having some escape sequence and forbidden value but it will have a very big impact on the transfer speed.

TFM

So if only the &FF byte makes a problem, then a "work around" should be so bad, yes use a ESC sequence, shouldn't slow down that bad (I hope).

But maybe the problem is NOT inside the Albi card? Maybe it's the software on PC side or the PC? Of course I'm only guessing around.

My best wished! And never mind with the "no time", that's happening to mos of us. Take your time.  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft