News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad 6128 Woes

Started by Beaps, 17:09, 22 June 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaps

Hi All,
I got a little problem & its doing my head in.
When I connect my Amstrad 6128 to my Amstrad CTM 644 the screen is mangled.
I turn it on/off about 5 times & its fine. Then I turn it off & its the same again ahhhhhhh  >:(
Its only on the Amstrad so I know its the machine (doesnt do it with my +3)
Any ideas how to fix this?

endangermice

Are you powering the Amstrad from the monitor? If so you might have a problem with that which is causing the CPC to behave oddly! I presume the +3 is powered from its own brick....?
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk

Beaps

Yer that right. The +3 is using its own power supply

endangermice

Hmmm well that could mean the power supply from the monitor is bad. Do you have any regulated 5v power supplies you can test with? You can use a PC supply for this, many do on this forum and I use a modified custom supply for a mini ATX motherboard to power the 8bit computers I own that require 5v. You will need at least 2amps for this but as long as you don't increase the voltage more amps will be fine. You can buy ready made ones such as this:

http://www.thesinclairshop.com/PDF/Amstrad-duel-voltage-psu.pdf

Cheers,

Damien
For all the latest Starquake remake news check out my website - www.endangermice.co.uk

Bryce

Try cleaning the contacts of the CPCs power switch first.

Bryce.

endangermice

You can also check the power switch by disconnecting it from the board and placing a jumper over the contacts on the motherboard - obviously do this it's th power off. Hook it back up to the monitor and it will come on immediately. If this solves your problem then as Bryce says the contacts in the switch should be cleaned.