News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad 6128plus restoration.

Started by amijim, 23:05, 29 March 20

Previous topic - Next topic

amijim

Hello Amstradians.It seems that i am having problems with my Amstrad.First of all the led light from the floppy is semy light ON all the time , the keyboard does not works for all buttons even though i have cleaned it  and worst , i am getting random lockups.It all began after playing with it for more than an hour and it froze.Upon restart i am getting random lockups.Where should i start from .Any guess.I am using the original amstrad monitor for power to the amstrad..Thank you .

amijim

It seems that the power on switch on the amstrad is broken and needs to be pushed inside to have a stable amstrad.The C4cpc thought does not work now.Speaking about c4cpc , does it has any leds powered on once plugged in and p ower on the amstrad.Mine blinks once one led and then powers off.The c4cpc module powers on one led once plugged into a laptop to upgrade the firmware.I feel i  am having a flanky 5v line through the original monitor.Any reports for a broken 5v line of an original monitor.thank you .

gerald

You might want to open the power switch and clean it. I think there is some other thread talking about how to do it.

Regarding the C4CPC, the  two LED meaning are:
- The upper one is a USB power status. It is directly powered by the USB, so it is normaly OFF in normal use (ie not connected to USB).
- The lower one is the SD activity LED. It will only be on when accessing the SD card. It will blink at start, then stay off.

amijim

Hello there , i have some updates.The Amstrad is again up and running .The only problem i have is that only two keys are not working ,it is the key 7 and the right arrow.Therefore i need a new membrane.If anybody has a keyboard membrane for sale please PM me to buy it.Regarding the gray color, pink color with or without black lines , it was only that i had to reseat the cartridge riser card and bend a little the pins .The floppy is working as well though half discs are corrupted.Also i found out that even though the arn diag software completes successfully its routines , there are some c4cpc files that cannot run.Per instance Prince of persia both versions found in cpcwiki forums cannot run though the amstrad.es copy runs successfully.I do not know if it a hardware of a software problem.Now we need to focus on the routines needed to merge the two side games into cpr format.

Bryce

Have you tried cleaning the membrane? You may not need to replace it.

Bryce.

amijim

Hello , i would like to ask how to clean it.I have done it in the past successfuly by removing the dirt on it.At the moment there is no dirt at all but how am i supposed to clean it.Shall i use a piece of cloth with a little water on it.Please advice me.Thank you .**edit**I have just cleaned the keyboard membrane connectors with a piece of cloth and now everything is working!Thank you very much.I shall only upgrade to a Gotek external drive os as to gain access to the double sided games!Vive les Amstradians!Now everybody is happy!Am i allowed to post the above picture of my son playing my amstrad.Please advise.

Bryce

Of course. The next generation of 8-bit gamers!

Bryce.