News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC 464 missing I key

Started by peteb999, 18:09, 12 January 22

Previous topic - Next topic

peteb999

Hi all,
I've just joined the forum as I've got a Amstrad CPC 464 coming from ebay.     It looks in quite good condition, however it is missing the I key.
Does anyone know where I could buy a key?  and whatever spring etc. it needs to work.
Many thanks
Peter

xesrjb

Old or new keybord version, please post a picture...

xesrjb

,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

Animalgril987

Yes, as @xesrjb says, there are 2 versions of 464 keyboard.

Ps, welcome to the forums.  :D

peteb999

Thanks for the replies.   I've learnt something new already, I had no idea there was more than one type of keyboard.
The keyboard is pictured below :

Amstrad" border="0
Thanks
Peter

jimmyd

Eagerly waiting to see if a link will be provided where spareparts for cpc464 can be purchased.

xesrjb

Quote from: peteb999 on 20:03, 12 January 22
Thanks for the replies.   I've learnt something new already, I had no idea there was more than one type of keyboard.
The keyboard is pictured below :

Amstrad" border="0
Thanks
Peter

Sorry I am out, I only have the high key Version...

xesrjb
,,The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true."

peteb999

Quote from: xesrjb on 06:45, 13 January 22

Sorry I am out, I only have the high key Version...

xesrjb
Not to worry, thank you anyway.

peteb999

I'm still yet to find anywhere that will sell me a replacement key.    I'm determined to find one though - seems to be loads around for the Commodore 64 but not the Amstrad.

angelcaio

If you have a 3D printer or know someone who does, check here
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4596135

peteb999

Thanks Angelcaio.      I don't know anyone who has got a 3D printer but the key does look good.