Amstrad CPC 6128 (US version) and Zaxon's 4MB expansion card

Started by HigashiJun, 06:04, 29 July 20

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

Quote from: HigashiJun on 15:09, 16 September 20
Thank you all for your comments !

Just got another PSU (5V 4A) and still the same problem: my CPC boots normally without interface but doesn't boot with interface connected.

My second CPC was delivered to my parents' and I should receive it soon. I could then test is the same problem occurs.

Concerning the length of the cable, it might be a clue: mine is around 44cm.

I will shorten it as soon as I can (lack of time is terrible  :( ).

Cheers.

I have  buy one of these U.S. Just curisity what model of motherboard you have?.

I suspect only the november models display solavox in boot.  And maybe only maybe some rev Board are only for u.s models.

The u.s computers need pass fcc requerimients, so maybe is diferent from a schneider. And maybe only maybe can affect signals in bus in some obscure matter.

I'm  not sure if the spanish really touch u.s there is a delay in moths  between it out factory and arrive any country, destiny can be altered.

The stickers of deepfb do nothing its a 40025 rom. Same tramp as 472.

HigashiJun

You can check the serial number on the first page of this topic, as I've enclosed some pictures.

My CPC displays Amstrad and not Solavox at boot.
HigashiJun

robcfg

We would Like to know the code that is written on the left of the component side of the board, next to the keyboard connector.

It starts with MC, followed by 4 numbers and a letter at the end.

HigashiJun

Yes, sorry... The serial isn't visible on the picture of the motherboard I have posted.

Here it is:

MC0016A

Cheers.

HigashiJun

dragon

That's so interesting mine es the same board.

Ithe deepfb was 0026B?.

I think these boards are only in USA cpcs.

HigashiJun

HigashiJun

deepfb

He means the Solavox I have, but I agree it is sometimes very difficult to understand dragons's posts :-D

dragon

VintageAdvantage

Quote from: HigashiJun on 07:41, 02 August 20Ok, got another US version CPC 6128 on Ebay for really cheap...  ;)

Can you post pictures and MC number for this one as well please? This one is Solavox or not?

So you already own 2 US versions, right? You are so lucky... I am on eBay every day for those, not a single one  :-[

HigashiJun

Quote from: VintageAdvantage on 06:30, 18 September 20
Can you post pictures and MC number for this one as well please? This one is Solavox or not?

So you already own 2 US versions, right? You are so lucky... I am on eBay every day for those, not a single one  :-[

The second one is still at my parents' in France, because the seller on Ebay was only shipping within Europe.

I should receive it soon...

HigashiJun

dragon

Quote from: VintageAdvantage on 06:30, 18 September 20

Majority of Spanish people abandoned eBay time ago.

In fact there  is one usa version on sale right now around 150e.

VintageAdvantage

dragon

Quote from: VintageAdvantage on 08:05, 18 September 20
Link to the auction please?

No auction, is more like a second hand web page.

¡Mira lo que acabo de encontrar en Wallapop!
Ordenador AMSTRAD CPC 6128
http://p.wallapop.com/i/529977061?_pid=wi&_uid=160181993&_me=s_android

VintageAdvantage

Quote from: dragon on 08:30, 18 September 20
No auction, is more like a second hand web page.
Thanks, that doesn't seem to be very credible.  I'll pass - maybe somebody else has a 150 € extra  ;D

HigashiJun

I will probably sell one of my CPCs, but not immediately...
HigashiJun

dragon

Quote from: VintageAdvantage on 16:25, 18 September 20
Thanks, that doesn't seem to be very credible.  I'll pass - maybe somebody else has a 150 € extra  ;D

Its a rare computer, but people usually don't search it as the 664 or 472,maybe some people don't know their existence.

Its true, but usually only we buy there.

[/size]
Quote from: HigashiJun on 06:26, 19 September 20[size=78%] I will probably sell one of my CPCs, but not immediately... [/size]

I in the search of a Spanish 6128(don' t cost-down and not crtc2 XD).

dragon

That price for a normal 6128 with yellow keyboard was a joke.

:picard2:

HigashiJun

Quote from: dragon on 14:11, 19 September 20
That price for a normal 6128 with yellow keyboard was a joke.

:picard2:
I do agree.

But all this old stuff is getting more and more expensive every year...
HigashiJun

Bryce

44cms is pushing the limits, I'd definitely half the length.

Bryce.

HigashiJun

HigashiJun

HigashiJun

Ok, I have shortened the flat cable to around 7 cm and still no boot with the interface attached (Gotek powers on and is ready though)...

So I don't know whether it's an issue related to the US version CPC 6128 or to the interface itself.

I know several board models exist for the 6128, but would a board be so different not to boot with an interface ?

:(

HigashiJun

Bryce

There is no difference between any CPC6128 version that would cause the computer not to boot with an interface.

Bryce.

HigashiJun

Quote from: Bryce on 12:44, 23 September 20
There is no difference between any CPC6128 version that would cause the computer not to boot with an interface.

Bryce.

So the interface might be the culprit...
HigashiJun

Bryce

If... The expansion connector has been cleaned and the interface is getting 5V, then it should work. If not, the interface is broken.

Bryce.