News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

List of compatible LCD/TFT monitors?

Started by eto, 12:49, 23 December 20

Previous topic - Next topic

eto

Do we already have a list of LCD/TFT displays that are compatible with the Amstrad?

I know a lot of TV sets can be used via Scart but if I am not mistaken, many of them show the wrong aspect ratio. And also it seems we can't rely on the lists that are out there for Atari and Amiga owners, as I know at least one LCD which works on Atari but not on the CPC.

Bryce

eto

[quote author=Bryce link=topic=17498.msg195786#msg195786 date=1608724763]
http://15khz.wikidot.com/

Bryce.

That's exactly what I meant: These lists do not cover, if

• it works with the Amstrad at all (e.g. Nec LCD1970NXp is on that list and works perfectly with my Atari ST in all modes, but will not work with the CPC at all)
  • it will scale the picture properly (so does it keep the 16:10 aspect ratio of the Amstrad or if it will resize to 5:4 or 16:9)
  • or at least can be manually adjusted

Bryce

The CPC like the ST has an analogue RGB + Sync output, so if it works on an ST it will work on a CPC. As for aspect ratios, there's a comment section on the right that tells you what each monitor can and can't do.

What happens when you connect the CPC to your NEC? No picture? Error message?

Bryce.

RetroCPC

Quote from: eto on 12:49, 23 December 20
Do we already have a list of LCD/TFT displays that are compatible with the Amstrad?

I know a lot of TV sets can be used via Scart but if I am not mistaken, many of them show the wrong aspect ratio. And also it seems we can't rely on the lists that are out there for Atari and Amiga owners, as I know at least one LCD which works on Atari but not on the CPC.

I use the BenQ BL702 - works OK, but its high Video B/W shows up issues with the CPC6128 RGB output - poor edge definition etc...

eto

Quote from: Bryce on 14:42, 23 December 20
The CPC like the ST has an analogue RGB + Sync output, so if it works on an ST it will work on a CPC. As for aspect ratios, there's a comment section on the right that tells you what each monitor can and can't do.

What happens when you connect the CPC to your NEC? No picture? Error message?

Bryce.

That's what I thought, but the NEC has proven me wrong. There is another thread on this forum around the NEC and there someone had exactly the same problem. It works on the ST and Amiga but not on the CPC.

I know that there is a comments section but the comments are mostly rather vague if they exist at all.

When I connect the CPC to the NEC the monitor says that nothing is connected.

Bryce

Then it's not happy with the sync signal. You could try adding something like an LM1881 in between to create a new Sync.

Bryce.