News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

rcmolina

@Joseman ¿has actualizado con una SD vacía?
Has probado el comando |UPGRADE?
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4info.txt

----

@Joseman Do you use an empty sd card for updating?
Did you test |UPGRADE command?

Joseman

@Duke @rcmolina

At the moment can't do any testing, when i have spare time will try your advices!!

Duke

M4 firmware v1.1.0 beta 9
Download http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v110b9.zip

Changes:
More cas* function fixes.
Fix AUTOEXEC.BAS, now works with certain basic games that failed before (basic should be fully initialized now!).
Fix multiple network connections (ie. use SymbOS to chat on IRC and wget stuff at the same time).
Implemented |LS command. Works same as |DIR, except depending on your screen mode it will show files and folders in long names.
|cd will accept long filenames too.

If no serious errors reported this will be release version v1.1.0 aswell. Feedback appreciated.

Prodatron

Multiple connections in SymbOS work great now, thanks a lot for this update, Duke!
A few minutes ago I had Telnet, syMIRC and some WGET downloads running at the same time (three open connections). Really cool to see this on my little Amstrad CPC! :)
I also like the new |LS command!

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

00WReX

Quote from: Duke on 16:26, 07 May 16
Thanks, if I get a feeling that at least 10 people are interested, I'll source the components for those and see how it goes.

Ahh, post number 12 of this thread (first page)...

So I guess you were not expecting 10 times that amount (probably more) back then  :D

Thanks for the continued support and awesome Firmware updates  :)

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Duke

Quote from: 00WReX on 05:13, 11 December 16
Ahh, post number 12 of this thread (first page)...

So I guess you were not expecting 10 times that amount (probably more) back then  :D

Thanks for the continued support and awesome Firmware updates  :)

Thanks.
Yes I was pleasantly surprised to learn that so many still use the real hardware and not only emulators :)
Originally I thought maybe a few developers would be interested as it offers a very easy solution to transfer code from PC to CPC (upload over WiFi in 1-2 secs. directly from your makefile).
- Just crossing 150 pcs... So of course I feel obligated to fix bugs and improve usage, there is still so much unused potential if I get the feel to add more. For now the goal is just that the promised features work well and think we are getting there.
Thanks to Prodatron's hard work with SymbOS and M4 implementation, things like copying files from/to real discs, write dsk images, unzipping files etc are now possible and saves me doing these implementations, that I had intended down the line :)

Joseman

Hi @Duke

Just let you know that this actualization works on the 3 M4!!!!!

I think that the right procedure was format the microsd -> insert the microsd on the m4 and let it do the m4 folder -> extract de microsd -> copy on pc the 2 files --> insert the microsd back on the M4--> it works!!!

I believe that if i put the 2 files WITHOUT let the m4 do the m4 folder before, then it just won't update (1 hour waiting), but i think that this problem not always happens... it seems a nasty bug that only happens sometimes...

remax

Quote from: Duke on 17:47, 10 December 16
M4 firmware v1.1.0 beta 9
Download http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v110b9.zip

Changes:
More cas* function fixes.
Fix AUTOEXEC.BAS, now works with certain basic games that failed before (basic should be fully initialized now!).
Fix multiple network connections (ie. use SymbOS to chat on IRC and wget stuff at the same time).
Implemented |LS command. Works same as |DIR, except depending on your screen mode it will show files and folders in long names.
|cd will accept long filenames too.

If no serious errors reported this will be release version v1.1.0 aswell. Feedback appreciated.

Can you implement versionning for beta files too ?

For some reason, the |ls command is not added, but i don't know if it's a flashing problem or something else...
Brain Radioactivity

Duke

Quote from: remax on 17:50, 11 December 16

Can you implement versionning for beta files too ?

For some reason, the |ls command is not added, but i don't know if it's a flashing problem or something else...
Noted, will see to add a build number aswell. But yes it must be some other problem latest zip linked above supports |ls cmd.

wilco2009

Can you still get an M4 card?
I am amazed about the possibilities, and I would like to buy one. Some Spanish colleagues are also interested in this card.

Duke

Quote from: wilco2009 on 23:37, 12 December 16
Can you still get an M4 card?
I am amazed about the possibilities, and I would like to buy one. Some Spanish colleagues are also interested in this card.
Yes it is still possible.
Right now it seems the last batch of PCB's coming from China were lost in the mail (after waiting 3 weeks for customs processing!).
So there's a bit of a delay now unfortunately, as I don't think I will receive new pcb's until after xmas.
Send me a PM with what you need (connector type).

Joseman

Hi @Duke

I know that this questions was answer before, but... i'm too lazy to search  :P

How many amperes use the M4 Board?

Thankyou!!

Duke

Quote from: Joseman on 09:42, 14 December 16
How many amperes use the M4 Board?

Less than 500mA, so any USB power supply from 500mA up is fine.

jomicamp

Dear colleagues,

I own an M4 board since June but, honestly, I have not give him too many use since  because of the problems to open certain DSK images and the impossibility to install SymbOS in my hardware. Right now, I just read that the new firmware increases the number of DSKs that can be opened and I will make the corresponding update these days...

In addition, yesterday I received the MX4 board and an X-MEM board and I will like to put them to work together with the M4 board. The thing is, where within this vast thread I could find the right info to start with this task (I mean what will be the best configuration to make them compatible?, the best ROM config?, etc). Can somebody help me and put links to the pages within this thread where these aspects were discussed or I will have to go through 109 pages of posts to find it? :o

Thank you in advance mates! ;)

Best regards

reidrac

Quote from: jomicamp on 12:44, 14 December 16
Dear colleagues,

I own an M4 board since June but, honestly, I have not give him too many use since  because of the problems to open certain DSK images and the impossibility to install SymbOS in my hardware. Right now, I just read that the new firmware increases the number of DSKs that can be opened and I will make the corresponding update these days...

In addition, yesterday I received the MX4 board and an X-MEM board and I will like to put them to work together with the M4 board. The thing is, where within this vast thread I could find the right info to start with this task (I mean what will be the best configuration to make them compatible?, the best ROM config?, etc). Can somebody help me and put links to the pages within this thread where these aspects were discussed or I will have to go through 109 pages of posts to find it? :o

Best regards

This could be helpful: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/M4_Board
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

dragon

I think i read m4 board need be power externally when use It with  other boards.

I have to try it, yesterday i recieve to the x-mem and the x4 board :)

Joseman

Quote from: dragon on 15:05, 14 December 16
I think i read m4 board need be power externally when use It with  other boards.

I have to try it, yesterday i recieve to the x-mem and the x4 board :)

Yes, you will need to power the m4 with the mini-usb connector. (setting the jumper to "usb")

I think that if you power the x4 board, then there is no need to power the m4 with the mini-usb...

dragon

Quote from: Joseman on 15:08, 14 December 16
Yes, you will need to power the m4 with the mini-usb connector. (setting the jumper to "usb")

I think that if you power the x4 board, then there is no need to power the m4 with the mini-usb...

Is not posible Toto o Duke can made little cable that extracting power from the computer power supply To the x4 board or m4 board.?.

Having a 5a power supply.Don't make sense to me have to plug another power supply  :(

Duke

The problem is there is a voltage drop on the MotherX4 board, dropping the voltage in some cases below what the AMS1117-3.3V regulator on the M4 needs to operate correctly.
That being said it may operate a bit out of spec, some have reported no issues powering it directly from the MX4 board, for me it works with MX4 when using external PSU connected to MX4. I can't remember my voltage readings, but it was a little higher with the external PSU.
In the next batch of M4's (whenever I receive the pcbs...) will probably be fitted with an AP2114-3.3V regulator instead, that should solve the issue.
If it works as expected, one could replace the AMS1117 and two caps. Or better solution use my adapter board (if one has that) and plug MX4 after M4.

@jomicamp what CPC model you plan to use for it, then I can better advise on the configuration.

remax

Quote from: jomicamp on 12:44, 14 December 16
Dear colleagues,

Best regards

I wonder the same... I killed my working config in order to use the modified lower rom (for increased compatibility) but i have a lot of problems finding an optimal configuration for having both XMEM+CPCFW15+M4 Board with modified lower rom...
Brain Radioactivity

jomicamp

Quote from: Duke on 16:22, 14 December 16
The problem is there is a voltage drop on the MotherX4 board, dropping the voltage in some cases below what the AMS1117-3.3V regulator on the M4 needs to operate correctly.
That being said it may operate a bit out of spec, some have reported no issues powering it directly from the MX4 board, for me it works with MX4 when using external PSU connected to MX4. I can't remember my voltage readings, but it was a little higher with the external PSU.
In the next batch of M4's (whenever I receive the pcbs...) will probably be fitted with an AP2114-3.3V regulator instead, that should solve the issue.
If it works as expected, one could replace the AMS1117 and two caps. Or better solution use my adapter board (if one has that) and plug MX4 after M4.

@jomicamp what CPC model you plan to use for it, then I can better advise on the configuration.

I intend to use it in a CPC 6128 with spanish ROM

Thank you in advance!

Duke

Quote from: jomicamp on 18:12, 14 December 16

I intend to use it in a CPC 6128 with spanish ROM

Thank you in advance!

Ok in that case I would disable rom board function of X-MEM (put the jumper on NO).
And set up M4 as the picture shown here:
http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/File:M4config6128.jpg
-->
http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/M4_Board  under Varius files

Meaning set M4 to rom6. Enable lowerrom replacement and upload the modified spanish lowerrom from above link.  Put original AMSDOS rom in slot 6.

That config works fine for me.

@remax
What is CPCFW15 ? - if its another lowerrom replacement, it will not work together and you should disable XMEM romboard unless you have a CPC where you can replace rom 7. If you can replace rom, you can set M4 rom board to start at pos 32 after XMEM and set M4 rom itself directly to rom7.

remax

Quote from: Duke on 18:25, 14 December 16
Ok in that case I would disable rom board function of X-MEM (put the jumper on NO).
And set up M4 as the picture shown here:
http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/M4_Board#Various files

Meaning set M4 to rom6. Enable lowerrom replacement and upload the spanish lowerrom. Put original AMSDOS rom in slot 6.

That config works fine for me.

@remax
What is CPCFW15 ? - if its another lowerrom replacement, it will not work together and you should disable XMEM romboard unless you have a CPC where you can replace rom 7. If you can replace rom, you can set M4 rom board to start at pos 32 after XMEM and set M4 rom itself directly to rom7.

I forgot the 3, i meant FW 3.15. Well it works without disabling the XMEM romboard even with rom 6 for the relay. (that was my initial config). But i can't have the modified lower rom then...
Brain Radioactivity

Duke

Quote from: remax on 18:29, 14 December 16

I forgot the 3, i meant FW 3.15. Well it works without disabling the XMEM romboard even with rom 6 for the relay. (that was my initial config). But i can't have the modified lower rom then...

Ah yeah the relay rom is no use anymore, I will remove it (very outdated, I would have to make a new one for newer firmwares, if desired)
But yes, you would be using two lowerrom's if you use both the modified one and fw3.15

remax

Quote from: Duke on 18:31, 14 December 16
Ah yeah the relay rom is no use anymore, I will remove it (very outdated, I would have to make a new one for newer firmwares, if desired)
But yes, you would be using two lowerrom's if you use both the modified one and fw3.15

Well it works well, but i might be the reason why i didn't see the added command (|LS) with the update.
So i would be interessed in a new version :)
Brain Radioactivity