News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Maniac

Quote from: Duke on 17:25, 27 March 17
M4 firmware v.2.0.3 beta 1
Download: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v203b1.zip

Changes:

• Added javascript/html5 based navigation to the webinterface, with multifile upload, download, remote run, delete & make directory.
  • Fixes with running binary files with remote run and improved by changing directory to actual remote folder aswell.
  • |FCP Fix dodgy filenames, removing system attributes.
How to use the new web ui features, check this video:

Web interface only tested on Firefox, but hopefully works on other newer browsers.
Awesome work as ever! Can't wait to try it out!

dirtybb

Quote from: Duke on 17:25, 27 March 17
Web interface only tested on Firefox, but hopefully works on other newer browsers.

Just to report, tried it out with Chrome, it works perfectly

HAL6128

Wow! Works fine with Win 10 Edge. One step closer to a full cross-development environment (PC > CPC). Easy drag and drop!
Also the (only) 128kB Snapshot runs with one click... :o

The Web-Interface runs more smooth (without disruption / hanging) than before.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

HAL6128

...forgot to mention that diving into a DSK is not possible from the Web-Interface. But that's ok, because otherwise I won't touch my CPC keyboard anymore :)
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Duke

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 21:42, 27 March 17
...forgot to mention that diving into a DSK is not possible from the Web-Interface. But that's ok, because otherwise I won't touch my CPC keyboard anymore :)
Yah, I know  8)   -If more than 2 people besides me will use this, that may be next.

Also if there is interest, I can upload the web-interface files to github in a format so you anyone can run and modify it on the SD cart, maybe someone is up for improving it, since my javascript/html skills aren't exactly my best.

Maniac

Quote from: Duke on 21:48, 27 March 17
Yah, I know  8)   -If more than 2 people besides me will use this, that may be next.

Also if there is interest, I can upload the web-interface files to github in a format so you anyone can run and modify it on the SD cart, maybe someone is up for improving it, since my javascript/html skills aren't exactly my best.
It might have its uses but given you can use PC tools to extract the contents is if worth it?

dirtybb

Quote from: Duke on 21:48, 27 March 17Yah, I know  8)    -If more than 2 people besides me will use this, that may be next.

Ahahaha :D
Count me in, was about to ask !

Duke

Quote from: dirtybb on 21:51, 27 March 17

Ahahaha :D
Count me in, was about to ask !
Oups that's 2 already :)

@maniac  You are completely right, I guess it's just about convenience. Since the handling code is already in the M4 code, its "just" about telling the client code (javascript) to use it and make some path for it.

krusty_benediction

Quote from: Duke on 21:48, 27 March 17

Does it means the web server runs on the CPC and not on the card ?

XeNoMoRPH

Upgrading Firmware , thx Duke  :)
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Duke

Nah it runs on the ESP chip, but all the html/javascript/images/fonts can be read from the microSD instead of the internal flash, where it's easy to modify.

Quote from: krusty_benediction on 07:08, 28 March 17
Does it means the web server runs on the CPC and not on the card ?

dxs

Works flawlessly with Chrome!
Thanks a lot for the un-ending improvement of this awesome card! Now transfering files is way easier.

Skunkfish

The beta firmware seems to break YANCC... Or have I done something to break YANCC (more likely!)

Anyone else experiencing problems?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Duke

Quote from: Skunkfish on 22:15, 29 March 17
The beta firmware seems to break YANCC... Or have I done something to break YANCC (more likely!)

Still works here :)  - What problem are you having?

On another note @rafa32gr just send me a link to a very cool menu program he wrote for M4, that enables you to: Launch programs, copy files from floppy and to tape and you can download games directly from the internet too (yay)!
Link to his page: http://amstrad.esy.es/

SOS

Quote from: Skunkfish on 22:15, 29 March 17

Please check the attached Alpha(!) version, of the next YANCC-Release.
(I must test this version more intensive, but i hope, this version has no more errors and is the next release)
I changed some code, which may result in a better compatibility (other 2 users reported strange problems too).
You must install both ROM's to use this version!

(warning- don't forget: handle with care, it's an Alpha Version!)

AxelStone

Quote from: Duke on 23:55, 17 March 17
I meant to get best compatiblity, is to set M4 rom at rom slot 7 (can be done from the web interface). However it cannot be done with all CPC6128's (that don't support overriding rom 7), there you would need to use the modified lowerrom I made.
When downloading games, there is  good resources where you can get a cracked version if a game was protected in some way.

http://www.cpc-power.com/   When you find a game, look for cracked version when downloading, it has it of most games.
http://cpccrackers.free.fr/Downloads/   Lots of good cracks.
http://cngsoft.no-ip.org/cpc_lzx.htm  Great cracked and compressed games
And the games cd from MiguelSky, most I tried works straight up, its generally cracked file versions of the games. Really a good starting point.
So all in all you probably have more than 1000 games working right out of the box.

I received my M4 allready, really a brilliant piece of hardware!!  ;) ;)  My CPC 464+ is at full work. However I've noticed that 128kb games efectively doesn't works  :( . I'm using games of CD games from MiguelSky, but when they need to load next stage they try to do from casette  ??? .

Is there any specific crack / fix to solve that? Perhaps I need to use another rom or update firmware?

Thanks.

Duke

Thanks.
Make sure you set M4 rom to 7 (now that you have CPC464+ thats fully possible). That should solve your problem.

Quote from: AxelStone on 10:40, 30 March 17

I received my M4 allready, really a brilliant piece of hardware!!  ;) ;)  My CPC 464+ is at full work. However I've noticed that 128kb games efectively doesn't works  :( . I'm using games of CD games from MiguelSky, but when they need to load next stage they try to do from casette  ??? .

Is there any specific crack / fix to solve that? Perhaps I need to use another rom or update firmware?

Thanks.

XeNoMoRPH

Thanks.

Sorry .. I see that you speak of the 464+ ...

CraigsBar

Thanks.
Not wishing to point out the obvious but I assume you have either got an external ram expansion, or fitted the extra 64k internally in your 464+ the m4 does not negate the need for the ram expansion to run 128k games.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Duke

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 11:00, 30 March 17
don't looking for load from Disc ..

Loading from disc is fine too, as long as they are loading files (or using firmware sector reading). Here it is important that you either have M4 at ROM7 or use the modified lowerrom(regular 6128). As they will most often re-init only ROM 7, so if M4 is at ie. pos 6, the file functions will not be re-directed to M4 (ie. you see disc missing or press play on tape).

AxelStone

Quote from: Duke on 10:55, 30 March 17
Thanks.
Make sure you set M4 rom to 7 (now that you have CPC464+ thats fully possible). That should solve your problem.

Working perfect!! Thanks man  ;)

rcmolina

Quote from: Duke on 00:42, 30 March 17
On another note @rafa32gr just send me a link to a very cool menu program he wrote for M4, that enables you to: Launch programs, copy files from floppy and to tape and you can download games directly from the internet too (yay)!
Link to his page: http://amstrad.esy.es/
;D

[/size]@[/size]rafa32gr, Great work!   for your consideration:
- directory length, not possible to navigate if bigger tan 11 chars..
- Not possible to change to first entries if you have many entries and need scrolling ¿?
- Should be possible to use Enter insted of Space to change to a directory?

SOS

Something's broken in the CD-Command:
With 2.00 Firmware: |cd,"EDENBL~2.DSK" works.
With 2.02+03b1 Firmware: |cd,"EDENBL~2.DSK" => "Unknown Directory".

Duke

Quote from: SOS on 08:01, 01 April 17
Something's broken in the CD-Command:
With 2.00 Firmware: |cd,"EDENBL~2.DSK" works.
With 2.02+03b1 Firmware: |cd,"EDENBL~2.DSK" => "Unknown Directory".
Thanks for reporting.
Anyone else experinced this?  I cannot replicate it, so if anyone has a similar problem please upload or email me a DSK image that does this.

Just finished adding remote run to DSK & CPR DSK images, so would like to get that issue out the way aswell before I release it.

XeNoMoRPH

Quote from: Duke on 14:52, 02 April 17
Thanks for reporting.
Anyone else experinced this?  I cannot replicate it, so if anyone has a similar problem please upload or email me a DSK image that does this.

Just finished adding remote run to DSK & CPR DSK images, so would like to get that issue out the way aswell before I release it.

In my case .. i don't have any problems with that  :o

M4 v2.0.3
ESP v2.0.3