News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

OK, I admit it is a long time since I have been here and I have missed a lot (I've been focusing on my Amiga 600 with Vampire accelerator) however I am now back!

I see all these nice new commands (IDISC, |TAPE, ISD, IFCP etc)

but I am not able to get any of them to work :(

Idisc does nothing - it remains resolutely looking at the SD card
|sd might do something - if I could make it look at anything else OTHER than the SD card
|tape does nto work with FW3.16 as there is no tape support. Any chance of implementing tape support into the M8 rom?
|FCP does nothing at all

What am I missing. I am sure I am just being too stupid for words but it's kinda irritating.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:05, 18 April 17
OK, I admit it is a long time since I have been here and I have missed a lot (I've been focusing on my Amiga 600 with Vampire accelerator) however I am now back!

I see all these nice new commands (IDISC, |TAPE, ISD, IFCP etc)

but I am not able to get any of them to work :(

Idisc does nothing - it remains resolutely looking at the SD card
|sd might do something - if I could make it look at anything else OTHER than the SD card
|tape does nto work with FW3.16 as there is no tape support. Any chance of implementing tape support into the M8 rom?
|FCP does nothing at all

What am I missing. I am sure I am just being too stupid for words but it's kinda irritating.
OK. Sorted it... Needed parados in slot 7 and m4rom in 6.

Now it works

Awesome.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

00WReX

Hi Duke,

I think something broke between v2.03b1  &  v2.03b2.

With v2.03b2, if I load any game (an example is 1942) and once loaded perform a soft reset on the CPC.
The Auoexec.bas file is not read.  I have to reset the M4 to get it to work again.
I just went back to v2.03b1 to confirm it, the Autoexec.bas file is read on a soft reset on the CPC (Control, Shift + ESC).

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Duke

Quote from: 00WReX on 12:26, 19 April 17
With v2.03b2, if I load any game (an example is 1942) and once loaded perform a soft reset on the CPC.
The Auoexec.bas file is not read.  I have to reset the M4 to get it to work again.
I just went back to v2.03b1 to confirm it, the Autoexec.bas file is read on a soft reset on the CPC (Control, Shift + ESC).
Noted thanks. Probably because it |cd'ed into the folder/dsk and doesn't find the autoexec.bas there.... will fix.

It'll probably be a bit before the next release as I got lot of boards to build. Just got new PCB's and the reflow oven overheated with 3 complete boards, what a shitty day :/

number-one

Hello,
I have the m4 board on CPC 6218 with the firmware V. 203b2.
I uploaded the rom "os6128 (French AZERTY) modded for M4" on Lower-rom slot 31 and enable it.
I uploaded the rom "Boulderdash.rom" on slot 1.

How can I launch a rom game ?

I copied "Skweek (F) (1989) [Original] (GAPS).dsk" and "Super Cauldron (UK,F,G) (1993) [Original].dsk" on the sd card.
I use "Disk menu" modified by Takis Kalatzis for following the dsk file.

Drive A://sweek~1.dsk
RUN"SWEEK   .BAS" (Nothing happens)
Drive A://superc~1.dsk
RUN"DISC     .BAS" (dead screen and floppy drive reading)

Targhan

Sorry I can't read the 151 pages of this topic, I've only heard about this card from Krusty at the Revision. I'm interested in the SNA capabilities of this card. Basically, I'd like to inject SNApshots from PC to the CPC. It seems the reboot can be ordered from the PC, so I can directly compile on PC and transfert the SNA on CPC without touching it! Is this true?

I already have a Mother X4 and the HxC, so I'm no interested in the virtual drive and the SD Card, since I already have it. I guess as long as I don't use the special RSXs, I can do without?

Is there a website where all this is explained? I searched a bit but couldn't find anything (I may have searched too quickly, forgive me...).

Thanks.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Duke

Quote from: number-one on 20:27, 19 April 17
I uploaded the rom "Boulderdash.rom" on slot 1.

How can I launch a rom game ?
Type mode 2. |M4HELP,1 to display the RSX for the rom, that will be how you start it.
Quote from: number-one
I copied "Skweek (F) (1989) [Original] (GAPS).dsk" and "Super Cauldron (UK,F,G) (1993) [Original].dsk" on the sd card.
Most likely you should use cracked versions of those games, I notice the title says original, if they use any kind of protection/custom FDC loading, they will fail.

Duke

Quote from: Targhan on 22:55, 19 April 17
Sorry I can't read the 151 pages of this topic, I've only heard about this card from Krusty at the Revision. I'm interested in the SNA capabilities of this card. Basically, I'd like to inject SNApshots from PC to the CPC. It seems the reboot can be ordered from the PC, so I can directly compile on PC and transfert the SNA on CPC without touching it! Is this true?
Yes. You can upload and run SNA's from your PC. Or even just regular binaries

The tool to use is here (link to source code aswell). Webinterface can be used too:
http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/CPC_M4_xfer_tool
Quote from: Targhan
I already have a Mother X4 and the HxC, so I'm no interested in the virtual drive and the SD Card, since I already have it. I guess as long as I don't use the special RSXs, I can do without?
MicroSD card is needed, the SNA's and WIFI config is stored on it, then executed. But M4 ROM can live together with AMSDOS/Parados. Just type |DISC to access disc drives instead (you can even put it in an autoexec.bas file on microSD, so its automated). Completely disabling M4 rom is also possible using |M4ROMOFF.
Quote from: Targhan
Is there a website where all this is explained? I searched a bit but couldn't find anything (I may have searched too quickly, forgive me...).
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4info.txt   the documentation.
http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/M4_Board  some additional things here.

Duke

A FYI for all boards shipping now, I have changed the PCB layout(again). The size has been decreased to now match the MX4 "formfactor" (actually a bit smaller, 76.5 x 49.5), also so I could panalize two boards making it a bit faster to apply the solder paste.
Main changes are that WiFi and microSD are now on the backside of the PCB.  Removal of unused I/O pins (serial port still retained), rtc battery holder.
A plain reset button has been added aswell. This has the advantage over the M4 reset, that you can retain whatever path you are in.

[attach=2]
M4 edge connector version 2.4

[attach=3]
M4 IDC connector version, new vs old front.

[attach=4]
M4 IDC connector version, new vs old back.

[attach=5]
M4 & XMem inserted to MotherX4.

00WReX

Ooh, that's nice.

Looks like I may have to order another... :-X

Thanks Duke, for continuing to upgrade both the software & hardware  ;) ...Awesome.

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

CraigsBar

Quote from: 00WReX on 05:46, 20 April 17
Ooh, that's nice.

Looks like I may have to order another... :-X

Thanks Duke, for continuing to upgrade both the software & hardware  ;) ...Awesome.

Cheers,
Shane
I was just thinking the same!

Duke

@00WReX & @CraigsBar
Don't it's just a cosmetic change, mainly to make it easier for me to build (ie. I wont have to handsolder the wifi module anymore and can process two boards at a time).

00WReX

Aawwwww, but I want one.

Seriously, I realise it is cosmetic, I have been thinking about getting another for a while now.
I have a lot of Amstrads and not enough M4's   :P

Plus the added bonus of a 'CPC only' reset button is nice.  ;)

PM sent...

Cheers,
Shane
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 08:24, 20 April 17
@00WReX & @CraigsBar
Don't it's just a cosmetic change, mainly to make it easier for me to build (ie. I wont have to handsolder the wifi module anymore and can process two boards at a time).
@duke if I solder a battery holder onto the back, is the rtc functional or not?

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:51, 20 April 17
@duke if I solder a battery holder onto the back, is the rtc functional or not?
Nope, I would have to add support for it in the software. Besides you need a clock, a resistor and 2 caps.

Liamob1

Apologies, if this has been discussed already previously... but has anybody managed to get an ATDT connection/BBS/Terminal to work using the m4 card?

Just a thought being, that it has WiFi capabilities and it can host custom ROMs like a terminal application, why wouldn't it be possible?  :P

Duke

Quote from: Liamob1 on 22:11, 20 April 17
Apologies, if this has been discussed already previously... but has anybody managed to get an ATDT connection/BBS/Terminal to work using the m4 card?

Just a thought being, that it has WiFi capabilities and it can host custom ROMs like a terminal application, why wouldn't it be possible?  :P

I don't see any reason why it should not be possible, but someone would have to do the work :)

Liamob1

Quote from: Duke on 22:28, 20 April 17
I don't see any reason why it should not be possible, but someone would have to do the work :)

I may attempt this when mine arrives! I've seen that SymOS does something similar!

CraigsBar

I'd love a cpc native IRC client just in case anyone fancies a challenge lol. SymIRC is great but an cpc native one would be amazing.

SOS

YANCC new Version:

Changelog:
- Change of memory usage, so maybe some none reproduceable problems are solved
- Making Space for features, now you need everytime install both ROMs
  (without autoboot you can choose any rom-number, e.g. Launcher on 8, YANCC on 15)
- M4DOS: Floppy-Access (as drive C+D)
- M4DOS: MKDIR: Support of lower chars.
- AMSDOS+M4DOS: The copy of big-files (approx fro 35KB to 64KB) are boring slow (CAS_IN/OUT_CHAR speedup).
- AMSDOS+M4DOS(when AMSDOS present): 1:1 Copy of Fileheader
- Copy of protected binaries
- Small fixes

Download here: http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/applications/yet-another-norton-commander-clone/

CraigsBar

Is there anyway AmsDOS or ParaDOS (and possibly the lower rom) can be patched so that Ams/ParaDOS can be in slot 8 with m4 rom in 7 and they still get initialised in the right order? I find I am swapping the m4 rom between 6 and 7 for compatibility and floppy / copying  use.

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 11:47, 22 April 17
Is there anyway AmsDOS or ParaDOS (and possibly the lower rom) can be patched so that Ams/ParaDOS can be in slot 8 with m4 rom in 7 and they still get initialised in the right order? I find I am swapping the m4 rom between 6 and 7 for compatibility and floppy / copying  use.

It should work fine if you put AMSDOS/Parados in slot 8 and M4 in slot 7.

CraigsBar

It just reboot loops.

rafa32gr

Sorry if this is not the correct thread, if you think i must move it, i'll do it

I'm polishing a little my m4 explorer application, now it can play Arkos tracker songs  , local (pressing R key) and  online (pressing P key), but for this funcionality you must download tracker5.bin file or m4explorer.zip, because older m4.bas dont download it, 5 key stops the music.

If the file you trying to run is an .scr , it will show at full screen.

I introduced a little fre(0) checking at start to manage memory in one or other way, i expect this solve any of the problems people report me (in mi 6128 and my 464 it works fine)

Thank you very much for the time spend testing it.

P.D. If you want add more Arkos tracks, you must compile .bin file at 0x600 and rename it to .aks extension

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:31, 22 April 17
It just reboot loops.
Ok, will check, it should have worked :)

Quote from: rafa32gr on 22:23, 24 April 17
I'm polishing a little my m4 explorer application, now it can play Arkos tracker songs  , local (pressing R key) and  online (pressing P key), but for this funcionality you must download tracker5.bin file or m4explorer.zip, because older m4.bas dont download it, 5 key stops the music.

The download link on your page fails (404) http://amstrad.esy.es/menu/m4explorer.zip