News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 12:59, 20 July 17
Yeah, from dsk works fine here too. But chibi akumas is a RomDOS disc format so I don't think the m4 supports it mounted. So I extracted the files and like vector Vaults you can see the result. Both games play fine so it's not a biggy .
RomDos format is supported.

Will check later to see if there is an  issue with those two.

CraigsBar

Oooh. I will test the dsk files then and not bother extracting them in future lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

GUNHED

Quote from: Duke on 13:09, 20 July 17
RomDos format is supported.

Which formats are supported aside of Data and Romdos on a DSK file? I couldn't find a "List of Formats" in the Wiki page. Sorry for asking.
http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Duke

Quote from: GUNHED on 15:36, 20 July 17

Which formats are supported aside of Data and Romdos on a DSK file? I couldn't find a "List of Formats" in the Wiki page. Sorry for asking.
Only system, data, romdos (D1/D2/D10/D20/D40) and parados 80.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 16:11, 20 July 17
Any chance of adding parados 41 for 203k dsk images?

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 13:12, 20 July 17
Oooh. I will test the dsk files then and not bother extracting them in future lol.

OK I spoke too soon. With dsk files vector Vaults crashes back to basic after the 2nd loading screen and chibi akumas ep1 loads the menu with no titlescreen and then hangs when loading the game. Damnit

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:10, 20 July 17
OK I spoke too soon. With dsk files vector Vaults crashes back to basic after the 2nd loading screen and chibi akumas ep1 loads the menu with no titlescreen and then hangs when loading the game. Damnit

OK. I have now got the same problems on both 2.0.3 and 2.0.4b5 and on m4 revisions 2.4e and 2.0 I just don't get it. I have also tried with the m4 rom in either 6 or 7 and on 2 different machines.... A 4128+ and a schneider cpc6128 it's the same on both

https://youtu.be/Kb70c1ZP15k

https://youtu.be/gvW7AavdcyU

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:18, 20 July 17
Any chance of adding parados 41 for 203k dsk images?
It may work already? It may be the same as parados 80, just with 41 tracks... I haven't checked.

Quote from: CraigsBar on 19:49, 20 July 17
OK. I have now got the same problems on both 2.0.3 and 2.0.4b5 and on m4 revisions 2.4e and 2.0 I just don't get it. I have also tried with the m4 rom in either 6 or 7 and on 2 different machines.... A 4128+ and a schneider cpc6128 it's the same on both

I tested both Chibi Akumas and Vector Vault, both running from .dsk and from directory.
Both work fine.  I did notice with Chibi Akumas, the loading screen was missing when running from the DSK (will check more when I get time), but otherwise the loading screens were fine, no corruption.
Test was on CPC6128+, M4 as rom 7, Xmem connected.

You don't have any other roms that maybe the issue ?

EDIT: just saw your videos. Have you tried with M4 rom set to 7?... Maybe its something with M4 and Parados.  Nope, tested that too. Works fine. M4 as rom 6 and parados as rom 7.
You have other hardware connected??

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 19:53, 20 July 17
It may work already? It may be the same as parados 80, just with 41 tracks... I haven't checked.

I tested both Chibi Akumas and Vector Vault, both running from .dsk and from directory.
Both work fine.  I did notice with Chibi Akumas, the loading screen was missing when running from the DSK (will check more when I get time), but otherwise the loading screens were fine, no corruption.
Test was on CPC6128+, M4 as rom 7, Xmem connected.

You don't have any other roms that maybe the issue ?

EDIT: just saw your videos. Have you tried with M4 rom set to 7?... Maybe its something with M4 and Parados.  Nope, tested that too. Works fine. M4 as rom 6 and parados as rom 7.
You have other hardware connected??
Tested both with other hardware and without I've deleted all other roms. Reformatted the sd card on a Windows xp machine. OK chibi now works with zero changes from the video recording gonna check vector Vaults again

CraigsBar

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:55, 20 July 17
Tested both with other hardware and without I've deleted all other roms. Reformatted the sd card on a Windows xp machine. OK chibi now works with zero changes from the video recording gonna check vector Vaults again

Oh FFS not working anywhere again.

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:56, 20 July 17
Oh FFS not working anywhere again.
hmm, one thing maybe the files got corrupted somehow? Have you tried redownloading the dsks? probably isnt it.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 21:23, 20 July 17
hmm, one thing maybe the files got corrupted somehow? Have you tried redownloading the dsks? probably isnt it.
Yeah. Tried them on multiple sd cards they all behave the same. The dsk files work on emulators and when written to disk they work on the cpc and plus.

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:41, 20 July 17
Yeah. Tried them on multiple sd cards they all behave the same. The dsk files work on emulators and when written to disk they work on the cpc and plus.
FAT32? Also just to rule out everything (noticed you used a schneider too). Have you tried another cable?

robcfg

Would you mind opening your CPC and taking pictures of the PCB?

Just to be sure it's not an incompatibility due to certain chips made by certain manufacturers.

CraigsBar

OK.... After a long night of frustration... I found the answer.... |fcp seems be to blame. I emptied the folders on the sd card. Then extracted the dsk files with winape rather than copying them from. Physical media... Everything now nows fine

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:59, 20 July 17
OK.... After a long night of frustration... I found the answer.... |fcp seems be to blame. I emptied the folders on the sd card. Then extracted the dsk files with winape rather than copying them from. Physical media... Everything now nows fine
Good, suppose you copied it from ROMDOS format with |FCP. I'll have to test that sometime.
Also it seems I introduced a bug in the dsk loading, because if I downgrade to v2.00 (didn't try the ones between). Chibi Akumas loading screen is showing again. Will have to narrow that down.

CraigsBar

Now to extract vector Vaults with winape and see if that is fixed too. That is a normal data disc so I think fcp has a general issue.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 23:22, 20 July 17
Good, suppose you copied it from ROMDOS format with |FCP. I'll have to test that sometime.
Also it seems I introduced a bug in the dsk loading, because if I downgrade to v2.00 (didn't try the ones between). Chibi Akumas loading screen is showing again. Will have to narrow that down.
Both work fine when using winape to extract them

CraigsBar

Clean out dupe post.

GUNHED

Quote from: Duke on 16:11, 20 July 17

That's quite impressive. Any chance to add Vortex Format (704 KB on B)?
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

Duke

Quote from: GUNHED on 14:43, 21 July 17
Any chance to add Vortex Format (704 KB on B)?
I haven't forgotten about it, was in the process but got side tracked with other things  ;) Got a bit of catching up to do on various bugs when I get some more time.

CraigsBar

Oops.. i think I have found another Bug in 2.0.4b5....

Whilst testing some Symbos Configs with Shaun this evening I noticed that Saving Symbos Settings (Or closing the Symbos Control panel) is not possible... It hangs the M4 with the SD Access light lit needing a M4 reset to recover the machine.

On 2.0.3 with the exact same SD card and Symbos Configuration all is good.

GUNHED

Quote from: Duke on 22:32, 21 July 17
I haven't forgotten about it, was in the process but got side tracked with other things  ;) Got a bit of catching up to do on various bugs when I get some more time.

Yes! I Just saw! Things like !CTR are a dream!!! Looks like you work 36/9 at the M4 and not only 24/7 :D

CraigsBar

Not a bug as such. But is there any reason why protext cannot edit the /m4/config.txt file locally? It is perfectly able to open and save files in subdirectories but with config.txt it just shows a blank document. Does the default file have some weird encoding that protext (in prog mode) cannot handle?

Edit: sorry, all I seem to be doing is reporting issues at the moment. All of which are minor and in no way detract from the awesomeness of the m4 board.

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 15:47, 23 July 17
Not a bug as such. But is there any reason why protext cannot edit the /m4/config.txt file locally? It is perfectly able to open and save files in subdirectories but with config.txt it just shows a blank document. Does the default file have some weird encoding that protext (in prog mode) cannot handle?
The config.txt file is plain ASCII. Protext uses AMSDOS header for it's files.
Noted the other bug you reported, thanks.