News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 16:22, 30 June 16
I don't know any 8-bit system with 64K VRAM.  ;D

Me neither, the PcW got 128 KB.  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dcdrac

plugged into 6128 fired up card came on now I need an Dummys Guide to getting wireless working with a CPC

Duke

Type
|netset,"ssid=routerssid, pw=routerpassword, dhcp=1, dns1=8.8.8.8, dns2=8.8.4.4, name=CPC"

(replace routerssid and routerpassword with the ones for your wifi).

Then write:
|netstat
Hopefully you get an IP or an error code.

Detailed instructions on netset command here: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/m4info.txt
Quote from: dcdrac on 21:30, 30 June 16
plugged into 6128 fired up card came on now I need an Dummys Guide to getting wireless working with a CPC

dcdrac

I guess take out the " " and commas?

robcfg

Nop, you have to type it exactly like that and replace routerssid and routerpassword with your routers's ssid and password.

For example, if your wifi's name is WLAN_DRAC and the password CPCwikiRules, the command should be typed like this:

|netset,"ssid=WLAN_DRAC, pw=CPCwikiRules, dhcp=1, dns1=8.8.8.8, dns2=8.8.4.4, name=CPC"

mr_lou

Quote from: robcfg on 21:51, 01 July 16
Nop, you have to type it exactly like that and replace routerssid and routerpassword with your routers's ssid and password.

For example, if your wifi's name is WLAN_DRAC and the password CPCwikiRules, the command should be typed like this:

|netset,"ssid=WLAN_DRAC, pw=CPCwikiRules, dhcp=1, dns1=8.8.8.8, dns2=8.8.4.4, name=CPC"

And, if using a CPC464, put the string into a variable first.
a$="ssid=WLAN_DRAC, pw=CPCwikiRules, dhcp=1, dns1=8.8.8.8, dns2=8.8.4.4, name=CPC"
|netset,@a$

robcfg

That is correct, Sir! :D

Kris

Juste received mine and it's simply amazing how fast it could be as soon as config to connect is done !
Really nice piece of hardware, thank you Duke !

Duke

Little update on things:

57 boards assembled & ready (3 people needs to tell me what connector they need before 100% ready). 3 boards failed (on the shelf after too many hours of fault searching).

Now out of v2.0 pcb's and adapters. V2.1 boards been shipped from China (new batch of 50 pcb's, now blue and with removal of some unused pull ups and unused spi flash, same size, same stencil) should arrive mid next week along with 10 pcs new adapter pcb (bit more compact this time).
Estimated two more weekends to complete the remaning boards (31). Then I will be back to fix up the reported issues and some new featuers of the M4 rom.
Check the updated list in first post of this thread Amstrad CPC WiFi to see what position you have vs ready boards.

radu14m

great mate !!!
can"t wait :)

let us know where and when to send you some money :)

dcdrac

got netstat

unknown status 255

Duke

Make sure the SSID is correct (case sensitive) and there is a WiFi signal where the CPC is located.
Quote from: dcdrac on 14:01, 03 July 16
got netstat

unknown status 255

CraigsBar

Quote from: dcdrac on 14:01, 03 July 16
got netstat

unknown status 255
My 2 do that too if for any reason they drop the network connection (seems to happen if in use chrome to manage the ROMs etc, Firefox and safari work better) but a simple restart of the CPC/M4 fixes the problems.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

CraigsBar

OK. Has anyone started to write software for this board yet? Below is my first effort!

10 CLS
20 locate 5,5:|time:goto 20

OK it's really simple, but does turn the CPC into an NTP synced clock ;)

No seriously, one for the real coder's.... How about a program that can be launched from the SD card, that will program the ROM slots on the m4 board directly from the CPC... @Duke is this possible? Maybe by sending the file to the same URL as the web interface? Or can it be programmed directly?

Duke

Yes its possible to make a program on the CPC to program the romslots (well still needing a reboot afterwards). Just modify the romslots.bin (32x16KB plain rom images) under m4 directory and the romconfig.bin. I pasted the struct earlier, but it has had a few additions:
romconfig.bin
int    totalRoms;  //32
int    m4RomNum;
int    m4RomEnable;
int    romRangeStart;    // start mapping roms from
unsigned int reserved[4];
and 32 x
char updateflag;    // 0 = not present (disabled), 1 = present, 2 = new rom (will change to 1 after reboot), 3 = delete rom (will change to 0 after reboot).
char    name[32]; // name displayed in webinterface

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:38, 04 July 16
OK. Has anyone started to write software for this board yet? Below is my first effort!

10 CLS

No seriously, one for the real coder's.... How about a program that can be launched from the SD card, that will program the ROM slots on the m4 board directly from the CPC... @Duke is this possible? Maybe by sending the file to the same URL as the web interface? Or can it be programmed directly?

Bryce

Quote from: CraigsBar on 00:38, 04 July 16

10 CLS

Can you document that code with some "REMs" so that we can understand what's happening? :D

Bryce.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Bryce on 09:09, 04 July 16
Can you document that code with some "REMs" so that we can understand what's happening? :D

Bryce.
Teeheehee ;)

Audronic

@Duke

Was wondering how you access the 3" floppy that was |A.

I have had a look at the rsx's .
Or have i missed something ??

Thanks        Ray
Procrastinators Unite,
If it Ain't Broke PLEASE Don't Fix it.
I keep telling you I am Not Pedantic.
As I Live " Down Under " I Take my Gravity Tablets and Wear my Magnetic Boots to Keep me from Falling off.

Duke

For now there is no way to access real floppy drives (unless using raw FDC functions) when M4rom is active before the disc rom.
If you want to use your floppy drives, type |m4romoff. It will last until you power off/on the CPC.

Quote from: Audronic on 09:38, 04 July 16
@Duke

Was wondering how you access the 3" floppy that was |A.

I have had a look at the rsx's .
Or have i missed something ??

Thanks        Ray

madram

Congratulation for this board, what a neat design, and results look really great!

It kind of defeat the idea of "wiki board", nonetheless I've two questions:

* Can a Ethernet version be built?
* If not, can the WIFI be deactivated alltogether?

If either an answer is 'yes', I would like to order 2 of these cards (MX4).

Oh, and how does the M4 play with other RomBoard (e.g. X-MEM)?

Viva el Denmark.

Bryce

You could manually disable the Wifi by putting a switch on the VCC pin of the ESP8266MOD (bottom pin furthest from the Antenna).

Bryce.

Duke

Thanks.

If you don't set up the wifi (ie. no config.txt in m4 directory), it'll be inactive.
For now WiFi is required to upload roms to the board, unless someone makes a tool to do it from the CPC or I add a RSX command for it.

Ethernet version would require a new board/software, be more expensive and a lot more work for me to assemble, so I wont be making one :)
It can work with X-MEM, atleast some have tested it, it's possible to move the rom-range above 31 if you want both rom boards active, or disable romboard part of Xmem.

Let me know if still want them, then I'll add you to the list.

Quote from: madram on 11:39, 04 July 16
Congratulation for this board, what a neat design, and results look really great!

It kind of defeat the idea of "wiki board", nonetheless I've two questions:

* Can a Ethernet version be built?
* If not, can the WIFI be deactivated alltogether?

If either an answer is 'yes', I would like to order 2 of these cards (MX4).

Oh, and how does the M4 play with other RomBoard (e.g. X-MEM)?

Viva el Denmark.

Duke

Yeah that unfortunately won't work with current software, as the M4 talks with the ESP chip to check firmware version etc for possibly upgrading it on bootup (and it wont take no for answer), of course that could be changed in a firmware update :)
Quote from: Bryce on 11:46, 04 July 16
You could manually disable the Wifi by putting a switch on the VCC pin of the ESP8266MOD (bottom pin furthest from the Antenna).

Bryce.

madram

Yes sure I'll take 2 (MX4 connector) with topping if possible: the wifi switcher!

Thank you very much.

Gryzor

Quote from: CraigsBar on 11:42, 29 June 16
@Duke how many boards have been made and shipped? It would be amazing to see some SD card based software to run on this board. My initial suggestions are below!
Ssh client

I can only dream of the day when I'll be managing the wiki from my CPC... mind blowing.

Quote from: robcfg on 21:51, 01 July 16

Best. WiFi. Password.