News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Amstrad CPC WiFi

Started by Duke, 07:36, 07 May 16

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

Quote from: dirtybb on 13:00, 14 July 16
Thank you very much.
Following your feedback, i've made a total reset of the rom conf, now Rom booster works well.

Will try to find out what rom installed was in conflit with.
Glad to help.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

MiguelSky

Quote from: Duke on 09:13, 28 June 16
Just open it in a hex editor and remove the first 128 bytes. But maybe there is a tool somewhere already?
There is a good old utility to do this: Hideur Makeur Aminet - dev/cross/HideurMakeur.lha

I started to use mine yesterday and it is working perfectly!! Great job, Duke :)

mr_lou

Does anyone know if @TotO is on vacation? It's been a while now since I ordered cables, but haven't received any packages and he's not replying e-mail either.

archcosmo

yeah, he is away on holidays for a little while

I was asking him via email about a week back about my own order from a couple of months ago that's been delayed until after he returns from holidays.

cheers

Quote from: mr_lou on 06:27, 15 July 16
Does anyone know if @TotO is on vacation? It's been a while now since I ordered cables, but haven't received any packages and he's not replying e-mail either.

CPC_Fan

Received my card yesterday Duke. Unfortunately I haven't had time to test it yet though.

Scarlettkitten

My card has arrived, cheers Duke x
Sophie Rose:- My musical works https://soundcloud.com/sophierosemusics

MiguelSky

Quote from: MiguelSky on 00:35, 15 July 16
There is a good old utility to do this: Hideur Makeur Aminet - dev/cross/HideurMakeur.lha
I haven't noticed that in the quote it wasn't said what Hideur Makeur does: it removes the AMSDOS header from files.

Duke

With latest firmware update (1.0.6), it should not matter if there is a amsdos header or not, it should be autodetected.

Quote from: MiguelSky on 20:00, 15 July 16
I haven't noticed that in the quote it wasn't said what Hideur Makeur does: it removes the AMSDOS header from files.

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 20:44, 15 July 16
With latest firmware update (1.0.6), it should not matter if there is a amsdos header or not, it should be autodetected.
Yep, it seems to work. I have deliberately used header and headerless ROMs. Both work fine.

Vandalsk

My card has arrived yesterday! It works fine!
Thanks a lot for this great Hardware.
- Schneider CPC 6128 & 3,5" Floppy, Multiface II, Videodigitizer, Symbiface II, Dobbertin Ram Expansion 512 Kb, Marconi Trackball, CPC Booster+, X-Board, X-Mem, HXC Floppy Emulator
- Sinclair PC 200
- Schneider PC 1640
- Atari STf
- Vtech Laser 310, 64 KB Ram, PI 20 Printer Interface,  LP 20 Lightpen, Laser JI 20 Joysticks, Erweiterungsplatine, PP40 Plotter, DD 20 5,25" Floppy, SANYO DM 2112 Monitor
Amstrad NC-100
Atari ST 1040
Amiga 500
Commodore C 64

MiguelSky

Quote from: CraigsBar on 20:54, 15 July 16
Yep, it seems to work. I have deliberately used header and headerless ROMs. Both work fine.
Great!!

CraigsBar

It is indeed, a great piece of kit. My type-in task has just got even easier... I found a text editor for osx that will output a totally standard utf8 ascii file with CR/LF line separators. So I can copy and paste basic programs on my Mac, and send them to the CPC via the m4. Awesome! And the name of this holy grail of text editors? TextWrangler... Highly recommended to all.

Duke

Small update v1.0.7 beta with some small but important fixes. This is very beta and only M4 part is updated (ESP and web UI will still report v1.0.6). Any new issues arise, please leave feedback, thanks !

* Fix issue with cas_in_char soft EOF. Ie. now remember the 80's music  disc works without problems, maybe other related stuff will be fixed too(?).
* cas_in_char buffered for fast(er) performance. - Was dead slow before, need to buffer cas_out_char next.
* Fix |ROMUP to work from .dsk images too (thanks dirtybb).
* Fix issue with catart so it no longer goes into to infinite loop when cat/dir. - Still doesn't display catart 100% as it should... maybe sometime!

Download:
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v107.zip

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 18:27, 20 July 16
Small update v1.0.7 beta with some small but important fixes. This is very beta and only M4 part is updated (ESP and web UI will still report v1.0.6). Any new issues arise, please leave feedback, thanks !

* Fix issue with cas_in_char soft EOF. Ie. now remember the 80's music  disc works without problems, maybe other related stuff will be fixed too(?).
* cas_in_char buffered for fast(er) performance. - Was dead slow before, need to buffer cas_out_char next.
* Fix |ROMUP to work from .dsk images too (thanks dirtybb).
* Fix issue with catart so it no longer goes into to infinite loop when cat/dir. - Still doesn't display catart 100% as it should... maybe sometime!

Download:
http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v107b.zip

OK Unfortunately this does not work for me:(

|version still reports 1.06 and Remeber the 80's is still not playing ball (well tunes actually)

Duke

Oups my bad, I uploaded the wrong file sorry!

Please re-download and try again, after upgrade |version will report M4 v1.0.7 and ESP v1.0.6.  Thanks.

Quote from: CraigsBar on 22:49, 20 July 16

OK Unfortunately this does not work for me:(

|version still reports 1.06 and Remeber the 80's is still not playing ball (well tunes actually)

CraigsBar

Ahh, will grab it again tonight.

Edit: perfect. Working now. I see what you mean about the catart ;) still no  infinite loop is much better.

Now if only |httpget worked from one m4 board to another.

|httpget,"192.168.1.7/SD/dsk/rem_80s.dsk"

hangs and does nothing. But it works on a Mac with the same URL.

Duke

hmm yeah that should have worked, will look into it when I get more time.

EDIT: Just took a quick look. I don't translate the IP (ASCII ip to ip number), so that's why it doesn't work, will fix it next time, fairly trivial issue (string parsing...) .

CraigsBar

Quote from: Duke on 19:48, 21 July 16
hmm yeah that should have worked, will look into it when I get more time.

EDIT: Just took a quick look. I don't translate the IP (ASCII ip to ip number), so that's why it doesn't work, will fix it next time, fairly trivial issue (string parsing...) .
Great! This is an awesome product, with amazing service. Worth every cent and greatly appreciated customer support. Many thanks.

Duke

Quote from: CraigsBar on 21:42, 21 July 16
Great! This is an awesome product, with amazing service. Worth every cent and greatly appreciated customer support. Many thanks.

Thanks!

Fixed the IP address issue, so you can now download from another CPC (or source with ip number instead of hostname).

Latest version 1.0.7 (release) available via |upgrade command or here: http://www.spinpoint.org/cpc/M4FIRM_v107.zip
M4 and ESP versions must show v1.0.7 after upgrading.

mr_lou

Got some cables from TotO today.

Tried connecting it to my CPC464 briefly, but looks like it isn't working. No message in boot. CAT command says "Press play then any key".

No light in the blue led. Tried connecting USB for power and switched the jumper, but still no light.

Did something go wrong during shipment, or am I doing something completely wrong here?

TotO

Is the expansion connector was cleaned?
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

mr_lou

Quote from: TotO on 10:44, 22 July 16
Is the expansion connector was cleaned?

Yes.  :)
Should have mentioned that.

TotO

Yes, because it is so common...  ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

mr_lou

So the blue LED is supposed to come on when the board is connected, right?

CloudStrife

I have blue light even when not connected if the USB is connected (and the power source jumper is on USB)